98 XJ DD and weekend warrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98 XJ DD and weekend warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

98 XJ DD and weekend warrior

Decided it's about time I started one of these things. I got my start in Jeeps back in May 2007. I picked up a 00 TJ SE that was beat to hell and back, but still ran great and was exactly what I needed at the time. I bought it stock w/ 31's on it, but ended up replacing them once they wore out. I put on a new top, Skyjacker 2" BB, JKS Quicker Disco's, and Krylon'd the flairs. By the time I sold it I actually made money off of it even with all the parts added on.

I sold the TJ then almost a year later and missed having a Jeep the day after I sold it. I finally got in another one then back in February this year. The day I picked up my XJ. Drove down to Lynchburg, VA and back in a day, around 12 hours on the road total.

Picked it up for a fair price and had a 4.5" lift installed, 32" BFG MT's, JKS Quicker Disco's and a front lunch box locker. It also had the HP D30 front and C8.25 29 spline rear. I know there is a couple of other things I missed, but that's the jist of it. After driving it like that for about a month I decided it was time to change out the rear springs. They where starting to sag pretty bad and where sitting on blocks. Needless to say it was the right decision to swap the springs. I purchased RE 4.5" leaf springs. Swapping them out I found this.

It then sat much nicer and I was pretty happy with it. Soon after that I put on a set of AJ's Super Square Rock Rails, and got a chance to head up to Rausch Creek

Most of the pictures are on friends computers due to my fiance riding with me and not being able to snap pictures of my Jeep while in action. I'm currently in the process of building a roof rack for it. That brings us to today. While I have plans for it, it's all a question of if it will ever be done.
Potential Plans

Ford 8.8 rear
ARB rear locker
4.56 gears
35's
Gas tank Skid
AJ's Winch bumper
TNT Long Arms w/ belly pan
SYE
bump it up another 1-2"

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

some more shots from Rausch Creek this past Sunday

Unread 06-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
WranglerRush
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome XJ. It has a very aggressive stance and those rock sliders look great. BTW I love red XJ's
Unread 06-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Looks pretty good. Nice flex.
Unread 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

finally got the rack on it... I've got some plans for it in the near future. I was up at Rausch Creek again this past Monday, 9/7 but so far I haven't seen any pics from the trip

Unread 09-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn nice looking XJ man, I have defenatly drove past that Kmart before i think. haha
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

picked up a Ford 8.8 w/ disc's. It needs some work but I got it cheap. The PO said it was under a Comanche, but I'm not 100% sure on width. I gotta rip into it to find everything out. Supposedly it's got 3.73's and an LSD. I wish I had before I had picked it up, but I plan on regearing and locking it anyways
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

getting stuck trying to drive through my fiance's yard during the blizzard in the beginning of February. Burrying my 32's was something I never thought I'd see in PA. I had to dig out then I was good to go. Snow was stuffed up under the body stopping my progress.
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

JCR 1-Ton Steering upgrade is ordered and should be on the way. I also have a set of extended brakelines on order. The rear line was taunt at flex. I also have the C-Rok steering box mount/ brace sitting at my place waiting to be intstalled. That will go on with the JCR 1 Ton set-up. I have plans to build flat fender flairs for it, just need to do it. The Jeep has been out of inspection since February due to not having them. I'm hoping to order an SYE kit to get rid of vibs right around 43 mph and also get rid of the T-Case drop. Skid plate will follow soon after.
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
sccrstar011
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Glad to see she's treating you well. I miss that Jeep something fierce. Maybe soon I will have something like that again. Thanks for the bump on my Manche, and again I'm glad the XJ is working out for you.
sccrstar011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
sccrstar011
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Just saw your recent post about the vibes at 43mph. I found that rotating those tires every oil change kept it from doing that. I had a set of Baja Claws on that thing and they shook like crazy until I started rotating them every 3k miles.
sccrstar011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
AX-15XJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

nice xj! I'm looking into ditching my 2 inch and 235's for a RE 4.5 and 32's. How is the ride?
AX-15XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccrstar011 View Post
Glad to see she's treating you well. I miss that Jeep something fierce. Maybe soon I will have something like that again. Thanks for the bump on my Manche, and again I'm glad the XJ is working out for you.
No problem man. She's been great. Good luck tracking another one down. I've been rotating the tires but with no real luck. It's just at about 43 and then it basically disappears. It's gonna be due up for tire changes here soon anyways.
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
TTsupra911
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX-15XJ View Post
nice xj! I'm looking into ditching my 2 inch and 235's for a RE 4.5 and 32's. How is the ride?
The ride is pretty good. I have no complaints with it and I am still on 3.55 gearing. I've driven it back from Lynchburg, VA, out to Indiana, and up to Niagara Falls with no complaints. I am considering increasing the tire size here soon, I just want to get the regearing done first.
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
Kurek9
1998 XJ Cherokee 

do you have an aussie up front (or similiar). can you feel the locker while driving on the road in 2wd? my brother got one in the front of his yj and you wouldn't even know its there, but he has a different style of axle than the xj.
Kurek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.