98 TJ Build Named Jasper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98 TJ Build Named Jasper

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits 2010-14 Jeep Wrangler Island Topper Black Rugged Ridge 1352007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 01-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
mtflyboy25
1998 TJ Wrangler 

98 TJ Build Named Jasper

Well I am officially the new owner of a red 98 wrangler TJ. I bought it for $6600.00 off a guy in Colorado Springs after having a shop take a look at it for me. It has the 4.0 engine in it and is a 5 speed. Here are the first pictures i saw of it on craigslist.

From what I was told, it has a 6 inch suspension lift, a 9,000 lb winch, and it is riding on 35x12.5 inch tires. I need to find a spare, but I would like the wheel to match, so if you know what kind it is please tell me. Thank you. My boyfriend has agreed to help me fix it up, and make it everything i want it to be.

Problems: Leaking Power Steering Gear box -BF had me buy a new one for him to put on along with the power steering fluid, a new oil filter and oil...
Lots of play in the wheel -BF says that he thinks he just needs to adjust the drag link or track bar...

Well that is it for now, I will be posting as pictures are taken and we fix it up.

mtflyboy25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
mtflyboy25
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well we decided to test out the jeep and drove it up and around Pikes peak... Here are some pics.

Just posin!

A little ride up a chunk of ice by the pizza place.. BF was fairly impressed already..

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/P1180021.jpg
Jasper and I.

Admiring the view.

More snow playing...

This is without the quick release things undone... Sway bar links?

Okay so here I almost got stuck. I pulled off the side of the road, and we sank haha.. BF had to drive it out..

As you can see, the snow was very very powdery, and more like sand. We just couldn't over the lip of the road. So my BF just kept plowing through it little by little until we popped out and drove down haha.

It was a great first trip, and the jeep performed very well. I cant wait to go out again, but I dont like deep snow like that!
mtflyboy25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.