Got the coils in, took it for a ride around the block and hit a few dips pretty fast just to try em out. They are firmer and imo ride 10x better, deciding on what to do with my shocks. Thinking about out boarding the rears, once I decide on what length I need I'll be ordering some bilstein 5100s.
Has been raining the past few days so I haven't installed the cage yet, I put my Bowless soft top on craigs list trading for a stock style top since the bowless one wont work with the poly cage. Went out to Lucerne Valley to trade and got a Bestop that's only a few weeks old.
I'll probably be ripping out the interior sometime tomorrow evening so I can install the cage.
Haven't really updated in a while, but the cage is all welded in all I have to do now is paint and install interior. Which I'll hopefully have done before Saturday, wanting to go run Cleghorn and test the cage out
After I get the cage done I want to get rid of that ****ty tcase drop the PO put on there, I've had my SYE sitting for a while now. I got the SYE and a driveshaft out of the front of a Cherokee for the rear of the TJ, just gotta have it shortened. And make some Upper Adjustable Control Arms
Here are a few pictures of the install, I didn't snap too many as I was busy and didn't really think about it.
Late update but, I had fixed it and went out to Cleghorn last Sunday. Broke it again, this time I broke the inner axle side. It was a little beat up from when I broke the outer shaft but I figured it would be alright, guess I was wrong. I broke it 75% of the way through the notch, had to limp it all the way back down to the bottom and have a friend bring a tow dolly to come rescue me.
This is the only picture I have of it, with my pops making a home made u-joint out of tape and rope so we could limp it down the trail.
I haven't updated in a while, I ended up replacing my last axle and driving it for awhile. My trans started whining so I was thinking the filter was plugged, changed it new fluid and now it starts falling out of gear and the Torque Converter keeps locking up while driving. I took it out even though the trans was giving me some issues and my buddy ended up flopping his Cherokee and I broke another front axle.
So now the jeeps gonna be down for awhile, until I can afford to rebuild the trans and throw another temporary junkyard axle in until I can afford to build a HP30 with Chromoly shafts and regear the rear with a detroit.
Got a new axle, also had to replace the drive side unit bearing. Took it out for the first time in a while. My buddy came over and rode in my jeep instead of taking his as well, so I borrowed his green half doors for the day.