98 Saharaaaaaa! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98 Saharaaaaaa!

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #31
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got the coils in, took it for a ride around the block and hit a few dips pretty fast just to try em out. They are firmer and imo ride 10x better, deciding on what to do with my shocks. Thinking about out boarding the rears, once I decide on what length I need I'll be ordering some bilstein 5100s.

Also decided to order my cage finally.

ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Brown Santa came early with my Poly Cage

Unread 03-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like they boxed it up well.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #34
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Looks like they boxed it up well.
The inside was a nightmare, sooo much tape. As I peeled it off it ripped off the labels as to what bar was what.

I'll probably start ripping apart the jeep tomorrow and installing the cage.
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #35
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Has been raining the past few days so I haven't installed the cage yet, I put my Bowless soft top on craigs list trading for a stock style top since the bowless one wont work with the poly cage. Went out to Lucerne Valley to trade and got a Bestop that's only a few weeks old.

I'll probably be ripping out the interior sometime tomorrow evening so I can install the cage.

Heres a pic of the new top on

Unread 03-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #36
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't really updated in a while, but the cage is all welded in all I have to do now is paint and install interior. Which I'll hopefully have done before Saturday, wanting to go run Cleghorn and test the cage out

After I get the cage done I want to get rid of that ****ty tcase drop the PO put on there, I've had my SYE sitting for a while now. I got the SYE and a driveshaft out of the front of a Cherokee for the rear of the TJ, just gotta have it shortened. And make some Upper Adjustable Control Arms

Here are a few pictures of the install, I didn't snap too many as I was busy and didn't really think about it.

Unread 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #37
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cage is all done, interior installed. Currently trying to make the speaker bar work with it.

Unread 04-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went on a Cleghorn run 04/13/14 didn't really take many pictures. Got a couple videos though.

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My bump stops finally got here, hopefully I can salvage my beat to **** fenders now. If I can't I'll cut em and make some flats out of em.

Unread 04-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #40
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Broke the rig today, broke a ear off the axle u-joint.

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #41
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Late update but, I had fixed it and went out to Cleghorn last Sunday. Broke it again, this time I broke the inner axle side. It was a little beat up from when I broke the outer shaft but I figured it would be alright, guess I was wrong. I broke it 75% of the way through the notch, had to limp it all the way back down to the bottom and have a friend bring a tow dolly to come rescue me.

This is the only picture I have of it, with my pops making a home made u-joint out of tape and rope so we could limp it down the trail.

Unread 08-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #42
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't updated in a while, I ended up replacing my last axle and driving it for awhile. My trans started whining so I was thinking the filter was plugged, changed it new fluid and now it starts falling out of gear and the Torque Converter keeps locking up while driving. I took it out even though the trans was giving me some issues and my buddy ended up flopping his Cherokee and I broke another front axle.

So now the jeeps gonna be down for awhile, until I can afford to rebuild the trans and throw another temporary junkyard axle in until I can afford to build a HP30 with Chromoly shafts and regear the rear with a detroit.

Unread 09-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #43
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new axle, also had to replace the drive side unit bearing. Took it out for the first time in a while. My buddy came over and rode in my jeep instead of taking his as well, so I borrowed his green half doors for the day.

Unread 09-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #44
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went to the local Pick A Part and found a perfect condition 97 XJ there. Got the steering wheel, looks brand new not a single imperfection.

Before

After

Unread 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't really update anything in a while, I sunk my jeep in what looks like a lake. Took me 5 hours, my dads tahoe, and a 12,000lb winch to get me out.

Trans out

ended up getting different wheels and new tires (you can see her guts hanging out)

The whole rebuild kit

Cleaned up and being put back together, that's my dad and my dads friend (who rebuilt it for me, he built all the transmissions in the race cars in my area back in the day)

First start up in 6 months, we were in a rush to complete. Nearly 3 days straight without sleep trying to get it ready for my annual 4th of july camping trip.

Just barely made it in time, right after I left to get some petrol for the beast. I also installed a SYE and cut a front XJ driveshaft, you can see she doesn't have that poopy drop anymore

I think she looks good without the spare, I eventually plan to mount it inside.

Also ended up getting caught in a hail storm on my way home with all my windows off, also head a rip in my top right above my head. I still stayed 90% dry though.

http://vid2.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps4a9a4bdb.mp4

And a picture of the said rip, ripped it on a low hanging tree branch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.