98 Saharaaaaaa! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98 Saharaaaaaa!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-15-2012, 02:36 AM   #16
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyTJ View Post
Nice jeep. Sounds like you got a steal.
Thanks, I paid only $200 more for this jeep than I did for my last one. It was a 98 4cyl 5 speed with 120k on it, no tilt wheel or anything fancy.

ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #17
yukonblu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Having the same problem with my transmission... im hoping what u did will solve my problem as well. Got about a 100k on it, so i guess we will c. Great looking jeep..... cant believe u got it for that price, thats a steal. Keep up the work man... peace
yukonblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't posted in a few days, but I've got a bit done. My new radiator arrived so I installed it that day. I forgot to take any pictures of it before I installed.

Also got my PSC Rocker Knockers painted, installed... Also painted the section of the jeep where the spider is cut out green to match my front diff cover

Also got my JB Customs SYE the other day, need to go to pick-a-part and get a front driveshaft out of an XJ.

And Decided to give my XJ a bath.

Unread 10-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #19
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't done much lately, besides have more trans trouble.

After I changed the filter the first time it was fine, then maybe 40 miles later I run into the same problem. Drop the pan filter was plugged again, changed it and it's alright so far. I think it needs a trans flush.

Bought a Craftsman 220pc set that was on sale, 50% off.... $99 bucks!!!

Got a nice tool set in my jeep now

Unread 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not really much to update, I haven't been doing anything to the jeep lately. Broke and unemployed, I did notice I haven't take a picture of the LED taillights after I installed them.

My tire knocked one of my front flares off the other day, and when I bought the jeep the driver side rear flare was missing due to an accident. So I decided to just take them all off until I fix the rear panel and bump stop.

Flareless

Unread 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #21
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't done much lately, I did take those huge *** coil spacers off and replaced them with 1.75" spacers so it's sitting at 4.25" of lift... I washed my jeep Today and noticed my Rampage Bowless Soft Top was leaking through the material.

Unread 12-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #22
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Me and my bud went out to Cleghorn yesterday, started snowing like hell once we got up pretty high. I need to bump stop bad, My tire smashed my fenders a bit and also chunked my times.

I didn't get to snap many pictures of us going through the good stuff because we were too busy enjoying the ride.

Ran into a Toyota there on 37's that guided us through since we've never been to Cleghorn.

Unread 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #23
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD View Post
Haven't done much lately, I did take those huge *** coil spacers off and replaced them with 1.75" spacers so it's sitting at 4.25" of lift... I washed my jeep Today and noticed my Rampage Bowless Soft Top was leaking through the material.

Jeeps looking great.

Sure that isn't condensation? My bestop will do that too. But, its not leaking through, its just condensation from being wet inside then evaporating in the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #24
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsurf7713 View Post
Jeeps looking great.

Sure that isn't condensation? My bestop will do that too. But, its not leaking through, its just condensation from being wet inside then evaporating in the sun.
I'm not exactly too sure, It's the first time I've ever noticed it.
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #25
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't been doing much lately, haven't had gas money and I'm unemployed at the moment. I decided to throw a full size spare on my stock carrier, I raised the studs so the tire sits with it's weight on the bumper so it wouldn't bend the tail gate.

Looks way better with the spare back on.

I usually don't have any more than 1 passenger at a time and it's usually my 9 year old brother, so I decided to take the back seat out and install a big aluminum tool box my dad gave me out of his old Silverado and also a 12" kicker sub in a sealed box that I got for Christmas.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality, they're taken with my beat up Ipod Touch.

Also I'll be selling my 98 Cherokee Limited Edition here soon, so my TJ will be my DD/trailing rig. I plan on buying a few things after I sell it, I plan on getting a CV Drive shaft so I can finally install my SYE, a UCF skid plate, 4.5" Coils to replace the 2.5" rough country's and the 1.75" BB, Antirock swaybar, and longer shocks to go with the 4.5" coils.
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sold my XJ today So my TJ is taking over DD but I don't drive much so, shouldn't be an issue. Good news is I now have a few bucks to spend on the TJ, I ordered Currie 4" progressive rate coils. I still need to order my Bilstein 5100s and my Poly Performance Cage.
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #27
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice TJ bro!

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #28
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Nice TJ bro!
Thanks man, It's alright. Still have a lot of things I plan on getting done, I've been reading all of Imped's posts about Suspension Geometry so I can setup my own links.
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That'd be awesome

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #30
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My coils shipped today, and I got a front drive shaft out of an XJ for my JB SYE. Once I get my coils I'll be measuring for shock height and measure for the drive shaft.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.