97 TJ's "build up" - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ's "build up"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #106
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089
Nice Jeep, as I'm sure you've heard. (One of my fav threads, btw.)

I had to ask though, for an MT, how do those tires hold up on wet/snowy surfaces? I saw a couple pics of you in the snow with your rig, and had to ask. I'd love to run an MT for my next tire, but don't want to sacrifice a lot of performance for it. Also, what's the noise like compared to stock, if you can think back that far??

Thanks Dr. Marneaus! I do appreciate any feedback!
I like in las vegas. There is never snow or rain haha. However, when it has rained out, i avoid driving because the roads here build up oil for months at a time....then the rain turns the roads into the slickest **** ever.

I have hardly any experience driving in wet conditions.

They arent too loud for an MT, i always have a sot fop with the windows down, or no doors, the the tires dont bother me too much.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #107
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I like in las vegas. There is never snow or rain haha. However, when it has rained out, i avoid driving because the roads here build up oil for months at a time....then the rain turns the roads into the slickest **** ever.

I have hardly any experience driving in wet conditions.

They arent too loud for an MT, i always have a sot fop with the windows down, or no doors, the the tires dont bother me too much.
So you don't get to go mudding to often, huh?

Here in Florida, we get those 10 minute rain showers everyday in the summer time which makes makes it so fun to go out.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #108
sicknasty

just wondering how you made that rear hi lift mount... i was looking for a place to do mine the other day and that came across my mind.
sicknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:57 AM   #109
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknasty
just wondering how you made that rear hi lift mount... i was looking for a place to do mine the other day and that came across my mind.
i made it with 2 fence clamps, 2 carriage bolts and some nuts. pretty straight forward. i think i mentioned it on page 1.

funny you should mention this because i was just thinking about mounting the hi-lift to those 2 tabs on the front bumper. duno how well they'd hold up though.

edit: guess not. here's a close up pic

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #110
YJ_
1994 YJ Wrangler 

its amazing how much better it looks with the bumpers on

keep up the good work marn

"if ya can't duct it **** it"
[] IIIII []
YJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #111
sicknasty

Quote:
i made it with 2 fence clamps, 2 carriage bolts and some nuts. pretty straight forward. i think i mentioned it on page 1.

funny you should mention this because i was just thinking about mounting the hi-lift to those 2 tabs on the front bumper. duno how well they'd hold up though.

edit: guess not. here's a close up pic
ooh so the fence clips wrap around the roll bar and you just got the cover back over it. thats a damn good idea, im deffinatly going to do it
Unread 04-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #112
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknasty
ooh so the fence clips wrap around the roll bar and you just got the cover back over it. thats a damn good idea, im deffinatly going to do it
yessir!

took one of these:

took off the roll bar pad, cut 2 little slits in it, put it back on, stuck the carriage bolt through the brace, and tightened it down.

boom. done.

Quote:

Unread 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #113
sicknasty

brilliant! thanks tons
Unread 04-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #114
R. Potts
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yessir!

took one of these:

took off the roll bar pad, cut 2 little slits in it, put it back on, stuck the carriage bolt through the brace, and tightened it down.

boom. done.
You wouldn't know the size of those fence clamps would you?
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #115
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

2.5" maybe?

Quote:

Unread 04-14-2007, 04:36 AM   #116
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

FINALY got my cherokee springs in.

pics of the before and after:

before:
'
ricer light box to show the space:

Spring comparison:

after:

Dont mind my best friend, he's just making weird faces because he's used to lowering imports.....

i gained about 1-1.5 inches up front. perfect. nice and level now with the new bumper. and it'll still look good with a winch eventually

thanks to Rollerhman for the coil springs!

Quote:

Unread 04-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #117
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

What springs was that you used? Cherokee or grand cherokee? is there a model or part number? I would need 1" in the front to level up and I aint even got a big bumper or a winch ...
Unread 04-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #118
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that looks really good now, Doc. Now stick some bigger tires under it.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #119
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

bigger tires? no way. those 32's tuck perfectly.

Quote:

Unread 04-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #120
jfondren3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to let you know that I like this thread and will be checking back later when it comes time for me to do some more work to my Jeep. I like the idea of adding the cherokee coils so I probably will when I get knew bumpers.

Air Force Jeep Club #131
jfondren3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.