97 TJ's "build up" - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ's "build up"

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #286
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
woohoo rocker nockers ftw!, how much did you get those for?
as i said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
due to the kindness and generosity of another forum member, christmas came early.

I was given a nice new set of Body Armor rock rails.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #287
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

someone GAVE you rockers?

how did you work that deal?

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #288
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089
someone GAVE you rockers?

how did you work that deal?
there are still some good people in this world, thats how. I'm lucky enough to have met one of them.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #289
ImSuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
there are still some good people in this world, thats how. I'm lucky enough to have met one of them.
you lucky ****er.... nice snag, i wish i could find me some rockers for free
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #290
default_user
It's a Roobicon

When are we gonna hang those rock rails?
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM   #291
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

fridayyyyyy before we go to logandale on saturdayyy

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #292
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

got em on:

thanks to vegasjeepguy for everything.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #293
AlTheKillerr

those look great
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #294
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
those look great
x2....and I love the thought of people dinging their own doors on those when they park too close
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #295
rob1525
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you know if the XJ coils that you put in the front would also match up if you swapped some to the rear? Wondering if I would seen any gain in the rear if I changed front and rears. Just looking to save some money and know if things would work out. Im sporting a 97 4-banger as well.
rob1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #296
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

front TJ coils will give you about 3" in the rear, so front XJ coils would give you about 4+ inches in the rear.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #297
rob1525
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think I might have said that wrong. Do you know if I took rear XJ coils and put them in the rear of my TJ what could I expect, if you know. Also what year XJ did you get them from? Thanks for the help
rob1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #298
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1525
I think I might have said that wrong. Do you know if I took rear XJ coils and put them in the rear of my TJ what could I expect, if you know. Also what year XJ did you get them from? Thanks for the help
He said 4+, reread the answer. And Ive got some 97 XJ coils if you want to work out a price, 30 plus ship maybe?

By the way Marn, really nice Jeep, and those sliders look great.

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #299
Hyper02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice build-up thread. I think I learned more in the last 45 mins than in the last 6 mos of owning my Jeep.

Very nice!
Hyper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #300
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1525
XJ's have leaf springs in the rear, not coils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2door

By the way Marn, really nice Jeep, and those sliders look great.
thanks, i'm gonna get some better pictures when I wash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIFVeteran02
Very nice build-up thread. I think I learned more in the last 45 mins than in the last 6 mos of owning my Jeep.

Very nice!
Glad You found it helpful, thats what I aim for.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.