97 TJ's "build up" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ's "build up"

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #16
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

got the CB on ebay for 20 bucks hsipped, and i bought the antenna and cable from Frys (www.outpost.com) for 10 bucks (antenna) and 7.50 (cable) and 5 bucks for the mount. total project cost was around 50 bucks when i bought the spring for it.

and thanks for the compliments. i'm sorry i dont know anymore about the rims. just that they are american racing

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

What are you doing this weekend? This Saturday, I plan on going out to the Nellis Dunes area to go tool around a little bit. I think its time we break in your Jeep!!! My Jeep is a DD, so I dont go too nuts... yet...
Unread 11-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the aformentioned wheelin trip was great! here's a buncha pictures. check the sub album for other jeeps that were there too!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...trail%20ridin/

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-11-2006, 05:31 AM   #19
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, most recent development:

Got tired of seeing this every time i went out to the jeep. (it had been parked in that spot for about 10 hours at this point....thats a good leak)

so i got me a new one of these

, and installed it after a long, drawn out process, its finally in. Yesterday was the first day in 2 months i went out to the jeep and there was no puddle under it.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
Lefty

How much did the new steering box run you? If you don't mind me asking that is.

left
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #21
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you get a durango one?

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #22
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

140 for the box. i had to buy a buncha random tools (read: 1 5/16th socker that was 3/4ths drive, so i needed a 3/4ths drive bar too)

over all project cost was probably about 200-220?

hell, still alot cheaper than taking it somewhere, plus i learned alot.

and no, no durango one, cheapest one i could find here was 220 bucks.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #23
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sad. I just parked it for christmas break in my friends garage in north las vegas. now i'm back in crappy NH.

i miss it.

look how sad it looks all alone. parked next to a civic

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #24
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

woulda been cool if you could have brought it to nh and wheeled in the snow if we had some.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #25
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by basso4735
woulda been cool if you could have brought it to nh and wheeled in the snow if we had some.
yeah, seriously, i wanna go snow wheelin, but seeing as its warmer here than in vegas....

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #26
jtpaintball70

Marn, is your entire interior lined? I still want to do that, but not sure what product I wanna use.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #27
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yup, whole interior is lined with Herculiner. only spot it hasnt held up is the little footmn loops in the back of the bed. thats because i always rest a steel tool box on them, and the top of the loops rubbed off a bit. i should have drlled them out.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #28
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice spot for the cb

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #29
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

woah, we're CB twins

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #30
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

installed a custom dome light....

total cost: 2.99

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.