97 TJ's "build up" - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ's "build up"

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #211
Rocky.ca
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hey marn, I have the exxxaaacctt same jeep as you, year, engine ect. I am debating between 32s and 33s. How is the power with your 32s? Do you think you would be able to run 33s? I will be doing mostly city driving starting in sept when i go back to school, but I will be driving back home every once and a while (about a 3 hr drive, all highway) I can get a wicked deal on some 33s and would love to go with them, but my only concern is the engine / power (or lack there of) Let me know what you think.

Sound System
custom de-milk jugged bumper :D
Rocky.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #212
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

well, i dunno.

plenty of people do it, but seeing as i cant go 65 on the highway if there is ANY upward grade....i wouldnt wanna go with 33's without regearing.

up to you though.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #213
TJay
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky.ca
hey marn, I have the exxxaaacctt same jeep as you, year, engine ect. I am debating between 32s and 33s. How is the power with your 32s? Do you think you would be able to run 33s? I will be doing mostly city driving starting in sept when i go back to school, but I will be driving back home every once and a while (about a 3 hr drive, all highway) I can get a wicked deal on some 33s and would love to go with them, but my only concern is the engine / power (or lack there of) Let me know what you think.
2 cents

I bought my son a 02 SE with worn 33's probably more like 32's at the time and had to pick it up 3 hours away from home. That was the longest most stressful drive of my life. Forget about grades... if there is any wind you will be blown backwards. I was traveling on I35 in central texas and it is FLAT!!! I was in 4th the whole trip and still had issues. My wife was following me and kept calling wondering why my speed was fluctuating so much. I had it pegged in fourth the WHOLE trip.
TJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #214
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Andrew whats the update? Spend any moolah on your rig recently?
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #215
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Aside from the summer tops, i havent spent a damn cent on it. This whole ordeal with changing jobs has kept me stuck with about 100 dollars in the bank at any given time.

havent even gotten my skid plates yet

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #216
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

spent a few cents on it today....

actually spent 15,000 cents on it.

perfect condition sliders, 150 bucks...just gotta spray paint em now

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #217
Sh4dowRac3r
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yo marn show me picture of that fabric spray paint bottle. i went to michaels and they looked at me like i had three heads... whats the stuff called? and btw, for the flares all i could find was krylon fusion satin black, i need flat black right?

2001 Flame Red Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5Spd
Red Jeep Club Member 531
Sh4dowRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #218
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nope. satin black is what i used.

the krylon camoflage is technically "fusion" so if you need flat go with that. it's "ultra flat"

but you want satin.

go to michaels, go to the fabric paint aisle, and get this can

i'm not using fabric spraypaint on my sliders though

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #219
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

well got em painted, lookin good:

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #220
rocketman121

nice looks good marn.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #221
Sh4dowRac3r
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yet another question.... u think that tint that u have would be legal on the taillights?

2001 Flame Red Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5Spd
Red Jeep Club Member 531
Sh4dowRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #222
TJay
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good Marn! I tell you bro it is honestly the best looking 97 I have seen!
TJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #223
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

So... when are you buying the LJ?
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #224
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02
So... when are you buying the LJ?
haha, right....

(in the spring)

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #225
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dowRac3r
yet another question.... u think that tint that u have would be legal on the taillights?
probably not, but then again, who's checking? i dont have inspection or anything...

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.