97 TJ's "build up" - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ's "build up"

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 06-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #181
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

ha, i ;live in the desert. and besides, when it rains out here, the roads turn into slip and slide because of the oil build up.

i have, however, driven in the light rain, and never had a problem.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #182
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Documented the damage today

bumper. i pretty much ran into a rock wall while posing. no biggie, 5 minutes and some spray paint to fix this:

lower control arm on the passenger side:

front diff has taken a few good hits:

i got a little worried when i saw this.... oil pan is dented in about half an inch. not so good:

gas tank skid is falling apart:

whatever this plate on the front of the tranny is.... i hammered it back to its "Stock" location

front driveshaft ujoint took a couple hits it seems:

so, after all this i've decided it;s time for a few skidplates.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #183
Pottymouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Location: 30 minutes south of Baghdad....oops....I mean Detroit.
Marn, I haven't seen your Jeep in awhile and I must say, i'm impressed! She's coming along nicely! Nice pictures btw!
10" Kicker Compvx Subwoofer
350W Kicker Amp
A big back seat for some fun with the lady friends
Pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #184
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Lol, (I don't feel comfortable calling you my name) Doc, if you wanted me to post pics of ALL my damage.... I could've taken up a whole page with just damage pics. But, your oilpan definitely needs a little TLC. Thankfully I haven't taken any damage that bad yet... We'll see in a few weeks... Going back to Uwharrie, and will definitely be posing on quite a few rocks.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #185
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

your name is andy, i'm andrew. *****.

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #186
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My names david, *****.

Coming along nice, nice scratch.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #187
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i lowered my t-case skid by a little more than half an inch. jeep no longer shutters when i start driving.

well, the shifter does a little jig but i cant feel the jeep shake and it doesnt make noise.

Quote:

Unread 06-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #188
Kerovick

Wow, I skipped from page 1 of this thread to the last one. BIG difference!
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #189
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

Some people might not call that "damage," but it does appear you're ready for some skids. Here is a neat home-built job a couple guys in my local club came up with:

http://www.kcjeepclub.org/forum/view...highlight=tuck
Unread 06-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #190
GDog984
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you get the Punisher sticker?
Unread 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #191
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

ebay, it was like 4 bucks for a bunch of the stickers, including a 9 inch one

Quote:

Unread 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #192
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Get like a 32" one to put on top of your hardtop.

I know its gay.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #193
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

went to lake mead and the colrado river:

Quote:

Unread 06-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #194
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

What kinda engine skid are you looking at? I've been thinking about the Skid Row one. I mean, their ****ing website is skidplates.com after all.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #195
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

if rusty's will fit the 4cyl, i'll be getting theirs. like 190 shipped.

if not, then its gonna hurt the bank account, but skid row. its like 250 without shipping isnt it?

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.