97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 07-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #121
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So it hasn't been a huge success so far this weekend trying to find time to work on the jeep. But did manage to get the new switches set into the stock bezel.

Turned out really nice, now to get them wired up along with the winch.

north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #122
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So got alittle done tonight. Fitted the winch plate and managed to keep the sway bar cover in place, just had to make a some modifications to it. My sway bar is rusted and looks like a$$ so I wanted to keep the cover on. Long term goal is to replace with antirock.

Then removed the plate and mounted the winch on it, then reinstalled onto the bumper. It makes the jeep look official

Also had developed a very slight ticking coming from the engine bay and decided an oil change was in order. So dropped 4 quarts of this stuff in and it purrs again. As much as I want to replace the little 4cyl I can't help but be impressed by how well it runs with 166,000 miles on it.

Also gathered up a bunch more crap laying around in the garage to sell and turn into more Jeep parts. Have the JKS adj. rear track bar to go in tomm. Then I think I'm going to do the Monstaliner kit and get the interior in shape.
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #123
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So had a chance to meet up with a few local Jeep club guys on Sunday in east Bonita and had an absolute blast.

Ended up having to go through a pretty deep hole, and almost made it. Probably could have gave it hell and came out but got tired of eating mud pretty quick. Will have doors on next time

My new favorite picture of the heep.

Ended up with mud everywhere, but worth it.
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #124
tucanbob

gotta love the south.
Unread 08-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #125
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow looks like you guys had fun. Nice mud coating in the bottom of the Jeep.

If you go for the Monstaliner, you won't regret it. That stuff is radical.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #126
Rittsy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

man, that is looking awesome. i like what you did with the liner on the grill. i just did my body fender panels with it. looks awesome.

keep up the good work!

2000 Jeep TJ Stock. except for the CB radio :)
Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #127
Geno815
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just got done with reading the whole thread. Very nice work my friend!
Geno815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #128
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
gotta love the south.
Yeah it was alot of fun but wish we had rock trails like those with mountains in their state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Wow looks like you guys had fun. Nice mud coating in the bottom of the Jeep.

If you go for the Monstaliner, you won't regret it. That stuff is radical.
The mud coating was almost white when dried and was a real PITA to get clean. I saw your Monstaliner job and was very impressed, will be following your process to a tee looking for the same results. By the way enjoyed all the pictures from your recent wheelin trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittsy View Post
man, that is looking awesome. i like what you did with the liner on the grill. i just did my body fender panels with it. looks awesome.

keep up the good work!
Thank You, and I love the Rustoleum Bed Liner spray, just haven't figured out a good way to wash those parts of the jeep yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno815 View Post
Just got done with reading the whole thread. Very nice work my friend!
Thank You, I hope to have alot more done to it my the end of the year, but as of late have just been enjoying using it.
Unread 08-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #129
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, we had a great time. And thanks x2!! It's all about prep work. That's 95% of painting after all.

Thats a TON of mud. It looks pretty awesome dried on the side of the Jeep though. By the way, what kind of LED lights are those? I bought some off ebay, and they look exactly the same, the white LED's that light up red...well, these:

HERE

And if they're the same, or close to, I was wondering how you like them?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #130
tucanbob

wash Rustoleum Bed Liner spray - with a big deck scrub brush the ones with a broom handle.
Unread 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #131
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 4 banger in my jeep, and with 200,000 on it it still runs great. I want to go to a 4.6 inline stroker, but its hard to rip out the 4 when it so dependable.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #132
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

oh you should probably pull your floor plugs next time you going mudding lol.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #133
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Thanks, we had a great time. And thanks x2!! It's all about prep work. That's 95% of painting after all.

Thats a TON of mud. It looks pretty awesome dried on the side of the Jeep though. By the way, what kind of LED lights are those? I bought some off ebay, and they look exactly the same, the white LED's that light up red...well, these:

HERE

And if they're the same, or close to, I was wondering how you like them?

Yep same ones, they work great, get alot of complements and are very bright. Just have to figure out reverse lights yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
wash Rustoleum Bed Liner spray - with a big deck scrub brush the ones with a broom handle.
I have been using a hand brush I use on the boat and it works well for regular cleaning but not so great to get the mud stain off. Will have to try the large more stiff bristle brush i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
I have a 4 banger in my jeep, and with 200,000 on it it still runs great. I want to go to a 4.6 inline stroker, but its hard to rip out the 4 when it so dependable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
oh you should probably pull your floor plugs next time you going mudding lol.
I'm with you on the little 4 banger just keeps impressing me, except on the highway. I had the floor plugs out but had floor mats in which were blocking the holes. Lifted them after the picture and most drained right out.
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #134
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. They look incredible on your Jeep.

Unread 08-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #135
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks familiar

I spent all Monday cleaning mine and got a nice sun burn

Your build is looking awesome I just read through the whole thing... I'll be buying that bed liner for my Metalcloaks and corners I can't believe how nice it looks on your rig, the pictures just don't do it justice.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.