97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #91
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ZJ4X4 View Post
awesome jeep man. one of the best looking ive seen. appreciate the thread, its helping me build my GFs YJ
Wow, thank you. But I think you might want to look at some other threads because there are some sick jeeps on this forum that just smoke my heep. Although bang for the buck I think I'm doing pretty well. But I still have axles,engine,winch,tires,wheels,full doors,etc.etc.etc.........to buy. If you haven't seen this one yet check it out, it is one of my inspiration's. By the way she sounds like a keeper if she drives a YJ
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...daily-1046789/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
Looks awesome, what was the exact process you did for the gun metal look? Ive been kicking color combo ideas around for my YJ, and that looks killer. Id love to know exactly what you did, so I can try it myself on some of my spare sheet metal first.
Thank You, Not really a gun metal look in person. More of a slightly textured flat black. I just hand sanded the surface scuffing up the clear coat, then sprayed with primer. Then coated with Rustoleum bed liner in thin layers (as thin as possible as it comes out pretty quick) working to keep it even to prevent streaking. The hood has been the hardest part thus far due to surface area, and I have some slight streaking on it. But I do plan on another coat on the hood at some point. Good luck on the YJ and just be sure and take your time.

north50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #92
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Wow, thank you. But I think you might want to look at some other threads because there are some sick jeeps on this forum that just smoke my heep. Although bang for the buck I think I'm doing pretty well. But I still have axles,engine,winch,tires,wheels,full doors,etc.etc.etc.........to buy. If you haven't seen this one yet check it out, it is one of my inspiration's. By the way she sounds like a keeper if she drives a YJ
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...daily-1046789/
yea ive looked at that build too. he went a little more "all out" then i can afford right now. lol. but im definitely stealin a few of ur low cost mods.
Unread 06-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #93
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yea ive looked at that build too. he went a little more "all out" then i can afford right now. lol. but im definitely stealin a few of ur low cost mods.
Oh I see, well in staying with the budget build theme I picked up some new 33x12.5r17 ProComp xtreme MT's (well one new, the other 4 are just new to me) But considering I got all 5 for what the the one new one would cost it was a good deal. really just needed something to hold me over until I get axles and a few other things worked out.

out with the bald firstones and onto some ProComp's with alittle life left.

Oh and I finished installing the Currie/Savvy HD steering linkage and wow, what a difference. I knew it was going to be a noticable difference when I pulled out of the driveway and the heep was quit. No squeaking or clunking noises and it just feels solid now. Also centered my steering wheel while I was at it. Will be putting on the other tires and getting an alignment in the next few days. Almost feel like it's ready to do some trail riding
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #94
tucanbob

Unread 06-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #95
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
That turned out looking great, and is such a good option to spending alot of money fixing up a grill. Nice job, I hope mine turns out looking as good.

Funny you mention that, I have a gallon of Monstaliner I plan on rolling in the interior of the tub. just never any time. And I say go for it as far as painting your grill. I just sand lightly to prep the surface then prime and then shoot with the bed liner. With the textured finish it helps hide any bug knicks or small imperfections also.

Not much to report on getting done to the jeep today. Just to busy with work and the new baby. Did have to swing in Wal-Mart to pickup somethings for work and while there grabed another can of the bed liner spray so i can do my grill soon. Also couldn't pass up black seat covers for $5 to hold me over until I purchase black seats. They're cheap and have a superman logo (ghey I know) but really was just tired of looking at the spice color seat backs.

I did get out somethings that will help the Jeep be more Zombie attack vehicle. Mag-Light mounts to put next to the driver seat and this.

Just need to figure out where to mount it
I like the m4. I bought my LWRC M6A2 last year. I love the gas piston over the gas impingment, but a AR is a AR. Definitely helps in zombies attack.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #96
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I like the m4. I bought my LWRC M6A2 last year. I love the gas piston over the gas impingment, but a AR is a AR. Definitely helps in zombies attack.
im buyin my self a Baretta Cx4 storm. 9mm and no recoil at all. doesnt have the same punch, but ammo is cheap, and its easy to maintain. Check it out: http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #97
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
im buyin my self a Baretta Cx4 storm. 9mm and no recoil at all. doesnt have the same punch, but ammo is cheap, and its easy to maintain. Check it out: http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/
Both great guns, there are so many choices these days and all are fun to unload the fast way.

So things have been slow with the jeep, other than driving it as much as possible. Now that I have the top off I can't get enough of it, even with the crazy hot temps we've had. I did just order a bikini top while the head bar is free with purchase. Looking into upper adj CA's and doing the SYE and driveshaft. Also working out a clunking noise I'm getting from the front end.

Another reason the jeep has been slowed to a snails pace is I'm getting the wife's mustang ready for sale. Time for a family vehicle (other than my 11mpg f-150) so we are selling the stang and looking at a small Lexus suv. Here is the Mustang at the paint shop, will be a great car for who ever buys it.
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #98
tucanbob

check the sway bar links for the clunk.

looking good btw.

there are several florida clubs if you need to find someone to tag along and get dirty with.

jackedupjeepclub
and floridajeepers
are two I hang out on their forums. great classifieds on the 2nd one.
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #99
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

looked the swaybar and links over nothing jumps out at me, I'm thinking it is the upper CA's. Plus I really want adj CA's so I'm sure that is my problem.

So I've been driving the jeep alot and had been pressing my luck with the afternoon thunderstorms. Having decided I like driving it without the top so much it was only a matter of time before I got caught, so.

Heard a rumble while at my desk today only to look outside and find out it was way to late to bring it in the shop.

a bit soggy for the commute home, but so worth it.
Unread 06-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #100
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

what a great picture with the rainbow! if only the jeep was in the sun!
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #101
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have a suggestion for your "Zombie killing machine"
m2-browning-_50-cal.jpg  
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #102
Druttkay
1988 MJ Comanche 

Build is looking good, cant wait to see more.
Druttkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #103
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Don't you just love driving with soaking wet seats?

I remember when I made a trip over White Pass in the Cascades without a top... I never knew that water would wrap around the windshield and soak the inside of your windshield as you drove. It was an interesting week long topless trip to the rainy coast....

I guess that's what you get when you get used to living in the desert.
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #104
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a suggestion for your "Zombie killing machine"
That would help with traffic to I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druttkay View Post
Build is looking good, cant wait to see more.
Thanks, once I sell the motorcycle it will get good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiskate View Post
Don't you just love driving with soaking wet seats?

I remember when I made a trip over White Pass in the Cascades without a top... I never knew that water would wrap around the windshield and soak the inside of your windshield as you drove. It was an interesting week long topless trip to the rainy coast....

I guess that's what you get when you get used to living in the desert.
Don't think I could put up with it all the time, but a 15 minute ride home (some in the rain) wasn't bad at all. Funny you mention the windshield, first thing I did was turn on the wipers and laugh out loud once I realized how much of the water was on the inside of the windshield. I did how ever order an extended bikini top once I got home to help prevent it from happening again

Was going through photos of the jeep and thought these were a nice indicator of how the build has been going.

Alot more to come
Unread 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #105
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good & I think a bikini of some sort is pretty important here in FL, I've been caught a couple times with the top down and more times with the bikini and no doors and the bikini helps a lot, even in pretty hard thunderstorms

Another good thing is to leave a rain jacket, or tarp in the jeep to leave over the dash when parked, that's what I do a lot with the doors off and bikini on, or top down
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.