97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 04-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #76
DerGeist
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you, sincerely, for the great write-up! It's a fantastic, easy-to-follow read.

Unread 04-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #77
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So you've used the Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner for all the painting you've been doing, right? Because it looks incredible.

Did you say you used it on your fender flares? Or your actual fender? Cause I painted my fender flares with Duplicolor bedliner and the second they scraped on something it peeled right off. I like the idea of a bedliner on the fender flares if there is one that wont peel off the plastic. I prepped for EVER and it still didn't work.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #78
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
So you've used the Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner for all the painting you've been doing, right? Because it looks incredible.

Did you say you used it on your fender flares? Or your actual fender? Cause I painted my fender flares with Duplicolor bedliner and the second they scraped on something it peeled right off. I like the idea of a bedliner on the fender flares if there is one that wont peel off the plastic. I prepped for EVER and it still didn't work.
Thanks, I only used the bed liner on the metal fender not the flares. I plan on leaving the flares stock looking so the whole jeep isn't one color. I would think the rustoleum bed liner would work well for the flares though.

I've been busy as of late but did manage to get in alittle jeep work. Sanded the door and painted it, replaced inside door handle and resprayed the door interior with Duplicolor. Had painted the door interiors previously with Fusion and it looked to black and glossy. The dupli-color looks much better. Still waiting to have enough time to install ball joints, new radiator, Savy/currie steering setup etc....

Also had my hoist from Harbor Freight show up so I can make a lift for the hardtop.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #79
89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The bed liner looks amazing. I love it with the green too. Im thinking I'm gonna steal your idea on the doors
89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #80
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow it looks amazing!!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #81
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Jeeper View Post
The bed liner looks amazing. I love it with the green too. Im thinking I'm gonna steal your idea on the doors
Thank You, really I'm surprised more people don't do it. The only down side I've found thus far is it is a bit of a pain to clean. i use a scrub brush and dry it with the leaf blower to prevent water spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
Wow it looks amazing!!!!!
Thank You, look forward to seeing the fender flares painted up.
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #82
89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=north50;11470799]Thank You, really I'm surprised more people don't do it. The only down side I've found thus far is it is a bit of a pain to clean. i use a scrub brush and dry it with the leaf blower to prevent water spots.[QUOTE=north50;11470799]

Haha Whatever works man. I really Like it, I'm doing it as soon as I buy my hard doors. Plus ill save a bunch on paint
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #83
89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Jeeper View Post
Thank You, really I'm surprised more people don't do it. The only down side I've found thus far is it is a bit of a pain to clean. i use a scrub brush and dry it with the leaf blower to prevent water spots.:
Haha Whatever works man. I really Like it, I'm doing it as soon as I buy my hard doors. Plus ill save a bunch on paint:2thumbsup
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #84
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So it's been slow going with work to the Jeep. But I did install the electric hoist so I can run the Jeep without any top for the first time. A few things to do yet but very happy with the hoist.

Unread 05-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #85
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

hoist looks good!
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #86
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
hoist looks good!
Thanks, The hoist is the best thing I've done for the jeep yet. Because it allowed me to drive around today with no top

Unread 05-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #87
Esoom74
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i love the bedliner/green combo looks great!
Unread 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #88
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoom74 View Post
i love the bedliner/green combo looks great!
Thank You, I'm back and forth with leaving some of the green or not.

So I had alittle time tonight and started in on installing the new HD Currie/Savvy steering system

Piece by piece the heep is turning into a zombie slaying jeep.
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #89
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

awesome jeep man. one of the best looking ive seen. appreciate the thread, its helping me build my GFs YJ
Unread 06-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #90
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome, what was the exact process you did for the gun metal look? Ive been kicking color combo ideas around for my YJ, and that looks killer. Id love to know exactly what you did, so I can try it myself on some of my spare sheet metal first.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.