97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #691
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Soft top season is here
Yup! I haven't had the top off in a while, but the heat & rain will let up soon...hopefully.

Are you going to be at jeeptoberfest?

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #692
theCREECH
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The rack pivots out of the way if your going to lift the hardtop straight up and far enough over head to pivot the rack back into position or if you could secure the rack and back the jeep up a little then pivot it back down. What I did was 1. make sure you get the quick disconnects for the front of the rack. 2. I took the two bolts out where it pivots and just lifted the rack off the Jeep with the help of one other person. Then slid the roof off the back, took maybe 5 minutes longer than just removing the hardtop by hand would. I also have a hoist in my garage but would still need to remove the rack first drive into my garage hook up the roof like normal then pull back into the driveway and put the rack on. All that said its so worth the extra 5-10 minutes it takes to mess with. i've hauled all kinds of crap that other wise I wouldn't be able to with the TJ's small storage area. Plus it just looks cooland one of these days will hold my roof top tent.
thanks for the information. My work happens to be located next door to Gobi's Manufacturing facility so.. they install for no extra charge! I can't wait to get it done. They have a nice facility and it seems like a really great product. Hope so since it's a little pricey.

Thanks though that helps alot. I will make sure to get the quick disconnects for the front.
theCREECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #693
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCREECH View Post
thanks for the information. My work happens to be located next door to Gobi's Manufacturing facility so.. they install for no extra charge! I can't wait to get it done. They have a nice facility and it seems like a really great product. Hope so since it's a little pricey.

Thanks though that helps alot. I will make sure to get the quick disconnects for the front.

It was on the pricey side but I would recommend it to anyone based on quality, looks and the great company that makes them. Mine was a bit delayed and so they said hey we'll send you some disconnects for free. I'm so glad they did it makes messing with the rack a breeze. I just wish they made a rack for the WJ
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #694
TJJeepJosh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Read through your thread before but can't remember if it was mentioned. Have you ever considered the rampage fastback soft top?
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #695
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Yup! I haven't had the top off in a while, but the heat & rain will let up soon...hopefully.

Are you going to be at jeeptoberfest?

Sent by a messenger bird
The weather is perfect right now. Not sure if I'll make it to jeeptoberfest, want to but have a bunch of stuff going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJeepJosh View Post
Read through your thread before but can't remember if it was mentioned. Have you ever considered the rampage fastback soft top?
They look like a great top and easy to deal with but haven't really considered getting one.
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #696
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

took some pictures after cleaning up the Jeep, had some help with washing it.

Also have the Z in action now, such a fun car to drive. I just need to finish the WJ and then its green TJ and Corvair time
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #697
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #698
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Where did you go to get the z painted? I'm looking to buy a fixer.. I know I'm not local to you but just curious if it was a well known body shop or something cheap like maaco
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #699
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I understand about jeeptoberfest, same with me. Hopefully I get enough done to go.

Rampage tops are cool, but stupid for Florida imo. I got one b/c I needed something to get me through & I would've needed new hardware....& it was cheap. Factory tops are great for Florida, they go up & down so easily & the windows are harder, but not that bad to put on, even in 40 degree weather. With all the rain here, the ease of the oem stuff is hard to beat.

I like my rampage, but it's a cheap top that I got to stay dry & it works....but I can't put the top down nearly as much.

Also, I may have missed it, but what seats are those?

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #700
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Where did you go to get the z painted? I'm looking to buy a fixer.. I know I'm not local to you but just curious if it was a well known body shop or something cheap like maaco
We use a few body shops for work and I had one of them do it. It's not a cheap Maaco job but isn't a $3k-$5k chip foose type job either. It has some issues here and there I'll deal with one at a time over the years but just walking by it looks 1000 times better than before. Sort of glad it isn't perfect, I won't feel so bad when it gets stone chips or marks from auto-x'ing it. I recently plasti-dipped the wheels. Just as a temporary fix until I buy new wheels and tires for it.

Unread 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #701
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Why have I not seen this build before!? Certainly going to follow.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #702
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks so much better with the plasti dip
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #703
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
Why have I not seen this build before!? Certainly going to follow.
I feel the same way now, great looking rubicon and nice job on the steering box

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Looks so much better with the plasti dip
Thanks I think so as well. For my first Plasti-Dip experience they turned out decent. I can see using that stuff for all sorts of projects.

Unread 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #704
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I feel the same way now, great looking rubicon and nice job on the steering box
Thanks, I still need to finish it up this weekend, going to be building a steering box brace as well.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #705
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Completely dropped the soft top for the perfect weather we had on Friday. My daughter loved it and it was very easy to do with the GOBI rack pivoted back and resting on the slightly open tire swing out.

Even fits well in the driveway with the Z

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.