97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #661
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday while in Sarasota I stopped and looked at this bad boy thats for sale. Not feeling the wheel/tire combo but the rest of it was pretty nice.

I meant to post this a few weeks back. i had purchased this grille off of Craigslist and determined I would clean it up and hang it in my office.

What I started with

Cleaning off the old crap

Really thought about leaving it like this and just letting it slowly rust while hanging on my wall.

But instead I painted it.

I think the blue CJ7 Grille I have I'll just resell.

north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #662
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good!

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #663
whitelightning
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How much you looking to get for the blue grill?
whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #664
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning View Post
How much you looking to get for the blue grill?
I'm to lazy to ship it . Going to ask $100 for it on Craigslist.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #665
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Some of the "fleet" as of late.

I've been using the heck out of the white Jeep, even picked up groceries with it the other day.

Also took the family in it to a party at friends house. Wish I had pictures of the craziness that ensued on his Polaris Razor.

Then today I went out trail riding with a couple guys from work.

It was pretty wet but we still had a good time exploring and getting through the trails. Then we stopped in an opening for a cold drink and to see where to go next. Well when I stopped the Jeep it was hissing. So up with the hood.

The Jeep had been running around 220 on the temp gauge and upon inspecting under the hood the upper radiator hose had a small hole in it near the water pump side. So I remove the upper hose and it's dry inside So we cut the hose shorter to eliminate the hole (if I had to do over again I would have left it alone) Well it did ok while creeping out of the woods but once on the road it over heated in no time so I pulled over and shut it down. I think the small hole in the upper hose although it was letting a small amount of coolant fluid out it was keeping the pressure down and letting the hot air escape the cooling system.

So up with the hood again.

I have all the parts i needed in my garage at home but I was a good ways from home. So had to run to the parts store and grab a new upper hose, thermostat and gasket, and coolant.

My buddy helping me get the Heep to run cool again. Just pulled it into an empty lot and he had everything we needed in his cherokee. Made for an interesting day but actually it was pretty cool having to fix the Heep roadside. I just tell everyone it's an adventure vehicle in the sense that every time I set off in the Heep it's an adventure if I'm going to get where I'm headed, keeps it interesting.

We got the Heep repaired and it made it home with no more issues

Oh, there was also the incident with my plate. I'll have to get a replacement coming Monday.

All and all was a great day to be offroad with friends and eventually made it back home. Learned somethings as well like bring spare parts with me and have tools onboard a Jeep at all times.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #666
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

All cleaned up and tightened up the Savvy lower CA's
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #667
bigdog101

That rig looks great!! Keep it up!
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #668
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog101 View Post
That rig looks great!! Keep it up!
Thank You. Plan now is to work on the WJ and then the other TJ V8 project. I love the TJ for short rides or day trips but want the WJ to haul more gear and people (wife and daughter) for multiple day trips. Besides I'm going to need a lot of money to build the TJ V8 project I want. So that will be a very slow process, but considering I've already owned it for 2.5 years and it's in pieces thats par for the course. One down (for the most part, always something to do to a Jeep) and 2 to go, and a 1964 Corvair to get running and a 350Z that needs cleaned up and what ever else comes along.
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #669
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just using the Jeep

Unread 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #670
87yellowyj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey what was the exhaust you ran on the white Jeep?
87yellowyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #671
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yellowyj View Post
Hey what was the exhaust you ran on the white Jeep?

Here's the exhaust, so far I like it. Just wish I had a V8 or Diesel in the white Jeep
http://offcamberfabrications.com/ind...s&part=S5512AL

Used this video to get an idea of what I was buying.
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #672
ZSXJ430

Looks great man! Turned out nice.
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #673
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSXJ430 View Post
Looks great man! Turned out nice.
Thank you, it's better than I expected.
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #674
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Best day yet owning a Jeep. Day at work was winding down and a heck of a storm moved in so figured I'd use the Jeep to go pickup my daughter. So I leave work and as I'm getting close a guy along the road is waving and jumping and as I pass him I see why. Wouldn't you know only a few blocks from picking her up a guy had decided to go down a construction road along a canal. Soft dirt and truck that wasn't up to the task made for someone needing my help. So I whip around and peel off into the mud to see the situation. They had been messing with it for some time and had it buried past the axles. I've never used my winch but figured this was the perfect time. So I hooked to the front and pulled the dodge pickup to harder ground. as I wound up the winch and cleaned up the guy came over to pay me what looked like $50. I told him he could keep his money but I wanted a picture of the truck I had to winch out. he and his friend couldn't stop saying thank you and I just loved having an excuse to get out there with them.

Then I drove right through the mess he was stuck in and off to get my daughter who couldn't stop talking about how yucky the Jeep was with the mud on it. Great day and I couldn't stop smiling. I'm going to be on the hunt for more potential recoveries. Wish I had taken more photos.
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #675
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Best day yet owning a Jeep. Day at work was winding down and a heck of a storm moved in so figured I'd use the Jeep to go pickup my daughter. So I leave work and as I'm getting close a guy along the road is waving and jumping and as I pass him I see why. Wouldn't you know only a few blocks from picking her up a guy had decided to go down a construction road along a canal. Soft dirt and truck that wasn't up to the task made for someone needing my help. So I whip around and peel off into the mud to see the situation. They had been messing with it for some time and had it buried past the axles. I've never used my winch but figured this was the perfect time. So I hooked to the front and pulled the dodge pickup to harder ground. as I wound up the winch and cleaned up the guy came over to pay me what looked like $50. I told him he could keep his money but I wanted a picture of the truck I had to winch out. he and his friend couldn't stop saying thank you and I just loved having an excuse to get out there with them.

Then I drove right through the mess he was stuck in and off to get my daughter who couldn't stop talking about how yucky the Jeep was with the mud on it. Great day and I couldn't stop smiling. I'm going to be on the hunt for more potential recoveries. Wish I had taken more photos.
That's a cool story. That's what it's all about... having fun and helping out your fellow man. Thanks for the reminder!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.