97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #46
jpmandan

I like the build!

jpmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #47
Ahrnsbrak14
1997 TJ Wrangler 

awesome build! I also did black bedliner on my grill, didn't think to do the fenders. Great idea!!
Ahrnsbrak14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #48
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrnsbrak14 View Post
awesome build! I also did black bedliner on my grill, didn't think to do the fenders. Great idea!!
Thanks, not only did I do the fenders but I started sanding the tailgate and rear corners to spray them as well. If it looks good I'm really thinking about doing the whole jeep. It makes for an easy fix for all the issues my Jeep body has, scratches, chips, rust bubbles you name it. I just don't think I can get a nice even color & smooth enough surface for a real paint job. Not to mention dirt getting into the paint, which isn't an issue with the bedliner either.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #49
jeepthing250r
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeeps looking good can't wait to see it sitting back on some tires again!
jeepthing250r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #50
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The moabs look sick, if it were me i'd paint them black while you still have the tires off
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #51
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepthing250r View Post
Jeeps looking good can't wait to see it sitting back on some tires again!
man that makes two of us. Although it will be a week or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibastiNo View Post
The moabs look sick, if it were me i'd paint them black while you still have the tires off
I have access to a tire mounting & balancing machine so no rush. Plus I really want to see how it is going to look first and will do the photoshop thing with the wheels black. Really the long term goal is to run these for wheels.

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #52
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ohhh those are sexy. i have the opposite of that on mine, but i really like that wheel.
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #53
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibastiNo View Post
ohhh those are sexy. i have the opposite of that on mine, but i really like that wheel.
man great looking jeep, The 7005 procomps are on my list also (the all black version of your wheel) What size rims and tires do you have.
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #54
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks man, im on 17" wheels and 33" tires. havent regeared or upgraded axles so im stickin with 33s for a while
Unread 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #55
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I changed gears on the tires and cancelled my order on the Discover SST tires and opted for a temporary fix. Picked up some Firestone Destination used tires on CL's for $40 that will work for now. Just more pressing issues to take care of first. With them mounted on the JK Moabs the jeep looks better, still alittle on the small side but that maybe because there bald

So as you can see in that last picture I have started to paint the heep. I decided to go with Rustoleum bed liner for the exterior. It has done a great job thus far and hid all the issues on the hood no problem.

More to come soon. Still looking for seats, have to roll monstaliner on the interior of the tub, wire up the defrost and rear wiper, put in new radiator, finish painting the exterior and installing lift (working on drilling out bolt holding on the front trackbar) wire in 03'-06' OEM radio, buy winch plate and XR8 winch etc etc........
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #56
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Slow going but got some more paint on the jeep.

removed the cowl prepped it, primed it and coated it with bed liner

Then masked off the side cowling sections and painted them

Also added some tinted turn signals and it makes it look pretty mean from the front.

plenty more to do, just got in my radio bezel so I can install the 03'-06' radio and get the interior looking better. Still need the switch panel and defrost trim piece in slate. Also have a center console coming (no sub) to install. And will be driving it by next weekend if only for a few days before tearing the interior out to monster line the tub.
Unread 03-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #57
houtzy53
2001 TJ Wrangler 

subbed....nice build so far!
houtzy53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #58
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Fit the 03'-06' radio and bezel and it looks great, just need a switch panel for the bottom.

Almost finished with the jeep, had to pickup a 9/16 drill bit today to install the JKS trackbar then I'm done. Backed it out of the garage so I could straighten up the garage and put my wife's mustang back in.

Unread 03-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #59
hoppa2k6

love the bedliner. Did that to some track fairings on my cbr1000rr and it looks great! hold up really well to the elements. Like the look of it on your jeep. Nice job so far!
hoppa2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #60
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I finally got the 9/16 hole drilled for the new bolt included in the JKS front track bar. have it mounted and according to my measurements the axle is centered. Also bolted up the new steering stabilizer and took it for a spin around the block. Alot of vibration even at very low speeds so back into the garage to put the transfer case drop kit on and the JKS 1.25" BL and 1" MML. I did finish the front brakes and put helper bleeders in the new calipers, made it a breeze to bleed the air out and a firm pedal. New problems are engine light came on (will take it to be scanned as soon as I finish the transfer case drop) and the A/C won't kick on. Compressor doesn't do anything but spins by hand. So now that it is 90 degrees and I put a hardtop on the A/C is acting up

Looking into building some sort of hoist/lift to store the hardtop and still haven't had any luck finding full doors for reasonable. I did order this today.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12526_1X_PG.htm

Plenty to do tomorrow, just hope I have time to do it.

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.