97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome so far! I have all Smittybilt too.

89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #17
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used the same stuff on my grill.....came out pretty good I think. It still looks as good as when I sprayed it too.
before....

after....I took it completely off and sanded/wire wheeled off all the surface rust. Then primed, painted, and bedlined the front. The stuff seems hard as nails.

Unread 02-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #18
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the YJ grill looks really good. kinda makes me want to do it to my gunmetal blue tj's grill but im not sure if it would look as good. ill wait to see some other stuff. OP, have you thought of bedlining your interior? thats something else on my to-do list
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYDE001 View Post
I used the same stuff on my grill.....came out pretty good I think. It still looks as good as when I sprayed it too.
before....
That turned out looking great, and is such a good option to spending alot of money fixing up a grill. Nice job, I hope mine turns out looking as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibastiNo View Post
the YJ grill looks really good. kinda makes me want to do it to my gunmetal blue tj's grill but im not sure if it would look as good. ill wait to see some other stuff. OP, have you thought of bedlining your interior? thats something else on my to-do list
Funny you mention that, I have a gallon of Monstaliner I plan on rolling in the interior of the tub. just never any time. And I say go for it as far as painting your grill. I just sand lightly to prep the surface then prime and then shoot with the bed liner. With the textured finish it helps hide any bug knicks or small imperfections also.

Not much to report on getting done to the jeep today. Just to busy with work and the new baby. Did have to swing in Wal-Mart to pickup somethings for work and while there grabed another can of the bed liner spray so i can do my grill soon. Also couldn't pass up black seat covers for $5 to hold me over until I purchase black seats. They're cheap and have a superman logo (ghey I know) but really was just tired of looking at the spice color seat backs.

I did get out somethings that will help the Jeep be more Zombie attack vehicle. Mag-Light mounts to put next to the driver seat and this.

Just need to figure out where to mount it
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #20
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think anyone will have anything to say about your superman seat covers with that thing^
Unread 02-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

^true, really after putting the seat covers on I'm more in a hurry to get some actual black seats.

Got the grill primed tonight and will be painting it with the bedliner spray tomm. Did it the lazy way and left it on the jeep to paint but masked it off really well. Just not enough time in the day to get done everything I want. Think I'm going to try and remove my roll bar pad covers and soak them in black Dye to make them look new again. I'll let you know how that turns out.
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #22
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

M4 love it i had one of those but its back in the armory now alot of Magpul on that bad boy you went the hole nine yards with that one. Jealous. I used that truck bed liner on my fender flares and it looks amazing i will probably paint my fenders and grill as well, im just wondering if upol will stick to it, want to use it as a base.
ColoradoCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So here was the grill primed (sorry for crap iphone pics)

After first coat of Rust-oleum bed liner spray

Finished product, extremely happy with the out come and have already started on prepping the tailgate and rear corners to be painted with this stuff also.

Next I'll be putting my skills to the test as I plan on painting the rest of the Jeep body silver. As you can see the hood looks terrible and really there are issues all over the body. So a cheap paint job will help clean it up for sure. Also have just purchased all parts needed to redo brake system pads/rotors/calipers/drums etc.... I decided to hold off on the disco's and may opt for the Currie Anti-rock setup instead.
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCole View Post
M4 love it i had one of those but its back in the armory now alot of Magpul on that bad boy you went the hole nine yards with that one. Jealous. I used that truck bed liner on my fender flares and it looks amazing i will probably paint my fenders and grill as well, im just wondering if upol will stick to it, want to use it as a base.
The AR15 is a blast to shot. Any pictures of your flares with the bedliner on them?
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #25
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the grill looks really nice. if i do it ill probably end up taking it off first though to avoid spraying any in my engine. on second thought ill probably just use roll on, so i wouldn't need to.
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #26
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibastiNo View Post
the grill looks really nice. if i do it ill probably end up taking it off first though to avoid spraying any in my engine. on second thought ill probably just use roll on, so i wouldn't need to.
Thanks, I'm really happy with the result. So much so I have started prepping the tailgate (had alittle rust and this is a good option to fix that) and rear corners to be sprayed. It would be hard to get good coverage rolling the grill where it meets up with the fenders, unless you don't have stock fenders.
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I've been slacking on the heep, but for good reason with a newborn baby girl it is hard to find the time. Today was a good day though after getting an opportunity to drive this at work.

I found a like new hard top with tint,wiper and defrost on CL for $400 and love the new look. Just have to keep an eye out for some full doors now. I have so much I want to do and still a pile of parts that need put on the jeep but have to live with only being able to do a little at a time for now.

Don't worry the lame $5 superman stuff is very temporary
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #28
USAFStout88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

very nice so farcant wait to start on mine again

2004 TJ 2.5 RC spring lift with discos smittybilt xrc front and rear bumpers 10k winch incab control some other goodies

[QUOTE=KHoff90;12552955]Beer, blow, hookers and bacon[/QUOTE]
USAFStout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #29
SgtHatred
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you're jeep is looking awesome man. i like the daily to
Unread 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
tucanbob

sub'd to see this things progress.

nice so far.

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.