Well it is out of the van and after alittle cleaning and typical tuneup items being done will be ready for it's new home. I plan on getting it in the jeep and running well then after awhile doing some modifications to add power if needed. Plan on new valve cover gaskets,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,water jacket kit, rear main seal etc.... just easy things to knock out while it is out on the stand. Also looking at headers from Summit Racing or painting these stockers up. Would also like to find Jeep valve covers for cheap just to keep it looking as stock as possible.
Also have the 44RE out and setting up someone to switch out the cone so it mates with the transfer case in the Jeep. would have been nice to find a 4x4 donor but they want to much for them. Also have looked into doing a 46RE that's 4x4 ready in it's place, just a more heavy-duty trans.
That's what I'm talking about
I have to say this would have not been a problem in my garage at home (other than the van wouldn't fit) but was very nice to have access to a lift. But nothing at this point you couldn't tackle on your own (I did have them evacuate the AC system for me) in the driveway.
So tomorrow it's off to the scrap yard for the shagin wagon to recoup my initial investment of $300 and hopefully $100-$200 more. Have a few parts I took off as well I'll try and craigslist for a few bucks and add to the funds needed for conversion parts. Then Saturday or Monday should be starting on the disassembly of the Jeep. Plan on painting the engine bay while the motor is out of the Jeep and cleaning up the frame and such.