97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #166
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
That would probably work but would be more work than is needed. I think I can easily fab up some metal stock, drill holes and be able to adapt these seats to the stock mounts. They sell mounts but it's another $100 per seat for the nice Corbeau ones.

So I've been selling crap left and right on the internet and picked up some door pins for the new full doors, red d-ring isolators (soon the jeep will be all black with a few red accents). And most importantly bought a Currie Anti-Rock today from Savvy. The jeep will be a different animal when I go out wheelin after the rainy season, around October.
pretty killer, I may have to look into a set. I need some new seat myself for my yj. If they match the mounts its even better.

jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 04:08 AM   #167
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
pretty killer, I may have to look into a set. I need some new seat myself for my yj. If they match the mounts its even better.
The only thing with these seats going in a YJ is people complain they sit to high when bolted up to the stock mounts. But then again some people put risers in to help them see over the hood more, so personal preference I guess.

Well I'm up at the crack of dawn this morning and figured I'd mess with the radio situation in the Jeep. I like the stock radio but really want to be able to plug in my Iphone to listen to music. So I picked up a cheap (free) used Kenwood that should fit the bill. Also come to find out I have an amplified Bazooka tube sitting in the corner of the garage so may as well use it since I don't have the center console sub. Hoping the radio mounting kit comes today along with the locker, seal and riddler diff cover through UPS. It's going to be a busy Jeep weekend in the garage. I'll get some pictures up of the progress
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #168
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure you are aware that bestop makes brackets as well.

My JK seats are bolted to steel brackets, then the brackets ate bolted to the TJ sliders
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #169
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I'm sure you are aware that bestop makes brackets as well.

My JK seats are bolted to steel brackets, then the brackets ate bolted to the TJ sliders
JK seats, that sounds cool. Do you have any pictures. I think with my current to-do list and lack of time to do anything ordering mounts is looking more likely.
Unread 08-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #170
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50

JK seats, that sounds cool. Do you have any pictures. I think with my current to-do list and lack of time to do anything ordering mounts is looking more likely.
Yeah, I'll post some this week, I'm moving into my dorm again tomorrow & already packed the computer.
Unread 08-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #171
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well not a huge success of a weekend working on the jeep, but managed to get a few small things done. Radio installed, sounds great and more important I can plug the iphone into it.

So I got my new door pins and put the full doors on and have some issues. They have these gaps so ordered the delrin plastic inserts. Hoping that is going to straighten them up because at the moment I have to pickup on one door and push down on the other.

Also finalized my CB antenna mount and hope it works out ok because it looks great. Still working out how to mount the Radio overhead, thinking smittybilt gear overhead console.

Also figured out I could flip the spare tire mount and drill out the threaded holes so the mount isn't so high. Looks much better and allows me to see what's behind me in the rearview some what.

Also added some red accents as I plan on the jeep being completely painted with the bed liner and having a few red pieces here and there. Maybe some new wheels

Also ordered Smittybilt seat adapters, crossing my fingers they have worked out the issues with them. Have rear smittybilt 3" fenders coming, and plan on ordering the front flats with 3" flare.

To-Do List
Install JKS Adj. rear trackbar (yeah still not done)
Install Currie Anti-rock
Install Aussie locker and Riddler diff cover
Install XRC seats
Finish CB Radio install
paint,paint,paint
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #172
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's looking good man

I installed my locker today and it was pretty straight forward. I only had a few snags hopefully some of this will help you:
  • The diff cover may not want to come off, tap it with a heavy hammer (I used a sledge) and it'll come free like nothing.
  • To remove the carrier put a 5/8" box wrench on one of the ring gear bolts and turn the drive shaft with a big adjustable wrench at the U joint. That will pry the wrench against the housing and it should come free.
  • Getting the roll pin (I think that's what it's called) out was a major PITA for me, make sure you have the correct size punch; 3/16th
  • If it isn't clear in your instructions (it wasn't in mine) when you install the Aussie put in driver and passenger side shaft connections (the end pieces) with their thrust washers first then the other 4 pieces slide in two by two (spacers inside already and the pins in the deeper, open holes. You will slide them to the other side to install the spring after everything is in).
  • Getting the carrier back in is somewhat tricky, make sure everything is lined up correctly then if it still won't seat use a 1 x 1 "shaft" of wood and a hammer (like a large punch) to coax it.
  • I used 85W140 oil per recommendation of 4x4explor.com and it's completely silent I can't hear a thing when driving in circles.

Good luck with it though! The install really isn't bad at all it was my first time inside my diff and it only took about 4 hours.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #173
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks way nice with the spare tire lower now!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #174
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Brian,

Some very good information there, thank you. Locker should be here tomm and I'll want to get it in by the end of the weekend.

Sarah, I have to agree looks much better/normal
Unread 08-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #175
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good, it looks better with the tire lower.

Someone broke into mine the other night before moving into school . They took a rain jacket and then realized I didn't leave money/books/radio face plate, or other electronics in there. Nothing was broken, the glove box was ripped off, as it was locked, but I unlocked it and it went right back on, which is good.
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #176
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's ridiculous. People suck. It's good you didn't have anything in there. People always mess with Jeeps. Nobody's ever tried to steal anything from mine, but somebody wiped chocolate cake all over my dash once, and that was mean.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #177
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks good, it looks better with the tire lower.

Someone broke into mine the other night before moving into school . They took a rain jacket and then realized I didn't leave money/books/radio face plate, or other electronics in there. Nothing was broken, the glove box was ripped off, as it was locked, but I unlocked it and it went right back on, which is good.
That sux...people piss me off sometimes. I leave my baby unlocked most of the time in the hope that if someone tries to get in maybe they won't cut my windows out. The kids in the neighborhood use to mess with her and one night cut my driverside window out to get in. I solved that issue acouple weeks later when I heard them messing with her at 3AM. Its funny how fast kids can run when you pop a shotgun off in the air
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #178
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
That's ridiculous. People suck. It's good you didn't have anything in there. People always mess with Jeeps. Nobody's ever tried to steal anything from mine, but somebody wiped chocolate cake all over my dash once, and that was mean.
that sounds like a present. they probably had a crush on you. if somebody wiped chocolate cake on my dash i would eat that **** so fast.

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #179
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That would suck, I'm very lucky the jeep stays in the garage and very seldom is even left in a parking lot. I had my truck broken into one night, but in the end it was my fault for leaving nice things visible to passer buyers. Although I did want to use the AR on some piece of **** for smashing my back window.

Back on course, so I had a package at the door today and it was filled with some goodies for the front diff.

Not sure How I want to paint this yet.

seats I have waiting on adapters coming.

Sad really how many parts I have around the house to go on the jeep, but alittle here alittle there. I did figure out the hard doors and now they close and open nicely no binding or rubbing.
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #180
bhblaine
2001 TJ Wrangler 

just another idea for you. works great for me.

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.