97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #151
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The spare looks fine, I wouldnt bother with moving it unless your really unhappy not being able to see out. The cobra cb looks great too, i like the older classic metal look on the cobras, better than all the new plastic cbs

jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #152
tucanbob

can you flip the tire mount over?
it is a bit different looking that high.
nice CB.
I have the mount that puts it over the left a/c vent.
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #153
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
great radio you got there, cant believe you got it free. Its nice to have the weather band, but im a techy, and I like listening to monotone weather talk.

Ill stop there before I bore the thread with endless CB talk.
Yeah really lucked out, and it works. except for the night watch but cant complain for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
The spare looks fine, I wouldnt bother with moving it unless your really unhappy not being able to see out. The cobra cb looks great too, i like the older classic metal look on the cobras, better than all the new plastic cbs
I don't know, I'll have to run it around and see how it does mounted up that high then decide on how to move it if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucanbob View Post
can you flip the tire mount over?
it is a bit different looking that high.
nice CB.
I have the mount that puts it over the left a/c vent.
due to the bolt holes in the mount it only goes one way. An alternative is to buy a set of spidertrax adapters like I have on the axles, just expensive. I like the mount like yours but this radio is pretty large and wouldn't fit. I think I have settled on doing the smittybilt SRC cage kit with the overhead gear thing to mount the radio to.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #154
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought a pair of black full doors off of a 2006 TJ with slate interior panels for $300. I love craigslist, will have pictures up later for sure.
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #155
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Just bought a pair of black full doors with slate interior panels for $300. I love craigslist
Full doors in FL??? it never really gets cold(maybe like 2 or 3 weeks)

that's a good deal though
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #156
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Full doors in FL??? it never really gets cold(maybe like 2 or 3 weeks)

that's a good deal though

More to keep the cold in (A/C) in the summer months. Ever since I bought a hardtop for the jeep I've been in search of full doors, just looks better with the top. As much as I enjoy topless and no doors it is nice to have options
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #157
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
More to keep the cold in (A/C) in the summer months. Ever since I bought a hardtop for the jeep I've been in search for full doors, just looks better with the top. As much as I enjoy topless and no doors it is nice to have options
Yeah, if my A/C was working, my Jeep would be closed up with A/C on a lot in the summer
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #158
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

pictures of the doors.

My little helper working out were we should put the CB radio.

and just because I like this picture, makes the spare not look so bad

Will be busy this weekend selling off a ton of crap on ebay. It's things that just lay around and never get used so they will help fund some more jeep parts
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #159
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been slowly turning my garage into an area that is easy to work on the Jeep and store extra Jeep related parts (hardtop, doors etc..) So I cleared off the work bench and set to listing somethings on ebay and related forums to the items I'm selling. Worked out great have the bench cleared off to work on Jeep things now and made $600 that I put toward some front seats. I really wanted the Mastercraft's but couldn't handle $1000, so went smittybilt XRC for $425 and they will be here tomm. Got to love Amazon cheap prices and fast shipping. I have so much I want to do in preparation for the seats. I will be removing the interior pieces currently in the jeep to do the monstaliner in the tub. Also want to repaint the roll cage and padding, may just leave the padding out but not sure yet. Will try and get more done tonight and this weekend to post pictures of the progress. Need to clean out more parts of the house to generate jeep funds for axles and SYE next.
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #160
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Seats came in today and I'm really happy with the look and feel. Just have to figure out how I want to mount them. Have heard nothing good about the smittybilt mounts so looking at Corbeau. Now to start stripping out the jeep interior in preparation for Monstaliner. Also ordered an Aussie locker for the Dana 30 and a Riddler diff cover since I'll already have it apart.
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #161
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Seats came in today and I'm really happy with the look and feel. Just have to figure out how I want to mount them. Have heard nothing good about the smittybilt mounts so looking at Corbeau. Now to start stripping out the jeep interior in preparation for Monstaliner. Also ordered an Aussie locker for the Dana 30 and a Riddler diff cover since I'll already have it apart.
will the stock mounts not work with the smittybilt seats? I was thinking about ordering some myself next year after my lift is done, but if the orginal mounts won't work I probably wont bother. I like the stock mounts, and was thinking about just sand blasting and painting them before the reinstall.
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #162
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
will the stock mounts not work with the smittybilt seats? I was thinking about ordering some myself next year after my lift is done, but if the orginal mounts won't work I probably wont bother. I like the stock mounts, and was thinking about just sand blasting and painting them before the reinstall.
They bolt up to the old CJ and YJ stock seat mounts but the TJ's are different. I have also looked at making my own so we'll see how that goes.
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #163
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They bolt up to the old CJ and YJ stock seat mounts but the TJ's are different. I have also looked at making my own so we'll see how that goes.
What about swapping out the seat mounts for a set out of a yj. Their heavy mounts, and they should mount right up in your tj. Might have to drill another set of holes, but the mounts should cover the old holes up. if not you can always make the holes large enough to put floor plugs in them.
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #164
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What about swapping out the seat mounts for a set out of a yj. Their heavy mounts, and they should mount right up in your tj. Might have to drill another set of holes, but the mounts should cover the old holes up. if not you can always make the holes large enough to put floor plugs in them.
That would probably work but would be more work than is needed. I think I can easily fab up some metal stock, drill holes and be able to adapt these seats to the stock mounts. They sell mounts but it's another $100 per seat for the nice Corbeau ones.

So I've been selling crap left and right on the internet and picked up some door pins for the new full doors, red d-ring isolators (soon the jeep will be all black with a few red accents). And most importantly bought a Currie Anti-Rock today from Savvy. The jeep will be a different animal when I go out wheelin after the rainy season, around October.
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #165
kyle1922

Wow it's amazing what you did with the jeep from when you just got it till now. You really inspired me.
kyle1922 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.