97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Heep to Zombie Killing Jeep Build

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #136
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

^ haha, I know exactly what you mean. I cleaned on the jeep Sunday when we got back and it still looked like crap Monday so I cleaned it some more, but still worth it. You can't beat that Rustoleum bed liner for the ease of use and cost. Look forward to seeing the metalclocks and corners on your jeep. Why you selling the snorkel? I got a Cobra 29 CB through a friend and took your advise and stopped by Pilot. They had everything I need to do the install tonight, thanks for the heads up.

north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #137
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Because the metalcloaks are full fender replacements the inner fender wont accept the intake for the snorkel so I'm going to sell it and build a PVC "Hummer style" snorkel that comes out of the cowl

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #138
Sovereign08
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

you have one of those fancy mudbath spas right in your floorboards.

http://www.facebook.com/BringTyHome
Sovereign08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #139
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
Because the metalcloaks are full fender replacements the inner fender wont accept the intake for the snorkel so I'm going to sell it and build a PVC "Hummer style" snorkel that comes out of the cowl
Oh, that makes since. Would your snorkel work on the 2.5L?
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #140
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign08 View Post
you have one of those fancy mudbath spas right in your floorboards.
Haha, he kept saying he wanted to leave the floormat in because he wasn't done exfoliating. But that was coming from a guy who owns a Polaris Ranger, and not a Jeep.
Unread 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #141
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

your jeeps have built in clinometers! just look at teh angle of the mud haha!

looking good! dont copy SarahRose on the monstaliner job, it will take you a week just to prep! hahaha she knows im kidding......... kind of.......

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #142
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Oh, that makes since. Would your snorkel work on the 2.5L?
The CAI apparatus that's required to use the snorkel is set up to connect to the 4.0 throttle body which is in a different location so no I don't believe it will.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 04:35 AM   #143
friskeljr
2002 TJ Wrangler 

looks pretty good i like it
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #144
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post

looking good! dont copy SarahRose on the monstaliner job, it will take you a week just to prep! hahaha she knows im kidding......... kind of.......
I will be taking my time on the Monstaliner because I only want to do it once. One of the benefits of the jeep not being my DD, plus I only ever get an hour or two at a time to mess with the jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
The CAI apparatus that's required to use the snorkel is set up to connect to the 4.0 throttle body which is in a different location so no I don't believe it will.
That sucks, I like the way your jeep sounds with that Volant setup. Someone is going to get a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskeljr View Post
looks pretty good i like it
Thank You
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #145
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well I had alittle time yesterday to mess with Jeep. Received the Terraflex spare tire adapter which is mainly designed to lift the stock location on the tailgate to fit larger tires. I had bought it because it has both TJ and JK bolt pattern, The problem is I think it sits to high now. It is nice to have the spare on the jeep rather than taking up space in the garage though.

Also started on the install of a Cobra 29 WXNWST. The radio was free and I have about $70 in wiring, antenna etc. so I'm staying with the keep it cheap theme for this build.
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #146
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post

Hey hey hey, my process was amazing!! Prep work is the most important part! You don't watch it I'm going to go over there and prep-work you all the way into Canada! Hope you like hockey!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
SarahRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #147
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

And I like the radio. CB's are such a great tool to have in the Jeep, plus they're just FUN to use.

How do you even see past that tire now? Although, granted, with tires as big as yours, they'll block your vision regardless...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-evolution-lady-1183495/"]My Totally Rad Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 08-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #148
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose View Post
And I like the radio. CB's are such a great tool to have in the Jeep, plus they're just FUN to use.

How do you even see past that tire now? Although, granted, with tires as big as yours, they'll block your vision regardless...

Trying to figure out where I want the CB mounted in the the jeep. Leaning toward putting it overhead on a smittybilt gear mount. I've settled for the antenna off the driver side of the rear bumper.

Yeah the spare tire is bothering me, it is only a 33" but looks like a 37" tire the way it sits. I'll be doing something different with it at some point if for no other reason than to save so MPG's. I imagine it is going to act like a parachute on the back that high. Plus now I really need side mirrors
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #149
SarahRose
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well the pro to putting it overhead is that the speaker is right up there near your head when you're wheeling, the Jeep people I've wheeled with say it's easier to hear that way. I have mine mounted under the dash, I like that it's not really visible, but then again, CB's aren't really a hot-ticket item for people to take...

Haha yeah, I imagine it'd blow you around a little bit on the freeway and such. Plus it'd look a little more buttoned up if it was lower, I think.

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #150
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

great radio you got there, cant believe you got it free. Its nice to have the weather band, but im a techy, and I like listening to monotone weather talk.

Ill stop there before I bore the thread with endless CB talk.

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.88 , 5.2l v8 8.8 , manifold , mbrp , sye

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.