97 tj college build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 tj college build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Reply
Unread 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #121
mcannon111
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: irmo, sc
Posts: 1,834
if i were you i would not run 35's on a locked d30 and 35. you will break... EVERYTHING. ha those axles are weakkkkk. if your on a low budget build the piss out of a hp 30 or waggy 44 for the front, and a 8.8 rear. or if you got some cash to ring out get some jk 44's those are some good axles.


just 35's, lockers, and a d35 is just not a good idea in general haha.

mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #122
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
if i were you i would not run 35's on a locked d30 and 35. you will break... EVERYTHING. ha those axles are weakkkkk. if your on a low budget build the piss out of a hp 30 or waggy 44 for the front, and a 8.8 rear. or if you got some cash to ring out get some jk 44's those are some good axles.


just 35's, lockers, and a d35 is just not a good idea in general haha.
haha I know thats a bad idea but I know someone who has a 44 that I could get pretty cheap and then find an 8.8..thats the only way I would do it haha
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #123
jmcd13
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07 View Post
Do you think it is still worth drilling holes if im not buying the really expensive heavy stuff? I want to cover that dent!
Yea you should drill the holes. Ive never seen these corner gaurds, but if their made of a decent gauge steel their going to be too heavy for that 3m tape. If their heavy, its worth mounting them with screws. If your going to upgrade later, then I would just deal with the dent until then.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #124
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
After much research, I'm convinced that I want to cut my fender flares. Just 1.25". I'm sort of scared s**tless to do this, because if I mess it up I don't really have money to buy new flares.. I think the best ones cut that I saw were done with an exacto knife so I think I'll use that, plus I feel like I would have more control over the flare. and I plan on keeping the flare on the jeep while doing it. Wish me luck! Any tips would be great!
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #125
Mishka1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shavertown, Pa
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07
After much research, I'm convinced that I want to cut my fender flares. Just 1.25". I'm sort of scared s**tless to do this, because if I mess it up I don't really have money to buy new flares.. I think the best ones cut that I saw were done with an exacto knife so I think I'll use that, plus I feel like I would have more control over the flare. and I plan on keeping the flare on the jeep while doing it. Wish me luck! Any tips would be great!
Well after playing with the flares and an exacto knife hopefully you still have those thumbs to raise! good luck haha

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #126
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka1324 View Post
Well after playing with the flares and an exacto knife hopefully you still have those thumbs to raise! good luck haha
Haha thanks! I am going to be very careful! Can't wait to do it though!
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #127
Mishka1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shavertown, Pa
Posts: 66
Yeah they look good trimmed. I trimmed my fenders as well as my flares haha

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #128
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka1324 View Post
Yeah they look good trimmed. I trimmed my fenders as well as my flares haha

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
ya it looks good if it comes out right haha
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #129
Mishka1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shavertown, Pa
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07

ya it looks good if it comes out right haha
Yeah there's a couple of spots on the flares where I slipped but overall not bad. Make sure you throw some pics up

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #130
jmcd13
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 116
One suggestion is using tape as your marker for the line. Something else you can do once you have one line scored into the plastic is use a lighter to heat up the blade, then go back over it really slowly. The heat should make the blade a little easier to handle in the plastic.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #131
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd13 View Post
One suggestion is using tape as your marker for the line. Something else you can do once you have one line scored into the plastic is use a lighter to heat up the blade, then go back over it really slowly. The heat should make the blade a little easier to handle in the plastic.
Thanks! I am going to do all that, hopefully it goes well!
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #132
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Got the cutting done, took about an hour with measuring and cutting. I just used the exacto knife and a lighter to heat the blade with. Unfortunatly it started raining here so I can't sand and even it out or paint it. That's tomorrows plan! Heres the pics of just the cut flares. I see what people mean when they asked if the inside was cut in the back because you can see the inside of the flare in the back, but maybe it's not that noticable and just me..I REALLY have to paint my frame soon now.
5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   2.jpg   1.jpg  

__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #133
Mishka1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shavertown, Pa
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07
Got the cutting done, took about an hour with measuring and cutting. I just used the exacto knife and a lighter to heat the blade with. Unfortunatly it started raining here so I can't sand and even it out or paint it. That's tomorrows plan! Heres the pics of just the cut flares. I see what people mean when they asked if the inside was cut in the back because you can see the inside of the flare in the back, but maybe it's not that noticable and just me..I REALLY have to paint my frame soon now.
Looks much better IMO great job

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #134
wrscpc07
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: , Western MA
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka1324 View Post
Looks much better IMO great job

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thanks! Can't wait to finish it tomorrow! I'll post the final pics
__________________
You know...girls drive jeeps too :)

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #135
Mishka1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Shavertown, Pa
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07

Thanks! Can't wait to finish it tomorrow! I'll post the final pics
No problem, I'm enjoying changing my pinion seals at the moment haha too much fun

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.