97 tj college build - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 tj college build

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #346
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabl0 View Post

I googled the Rustoleum stuff. Did you use flat black? I see a gloss black, but I don't think that would be a very good idea.
Haha I did use flat but then I used a clear coat on top of it which gave it a little gloss but nothing crazy. It was just enough to not make it look like a spray paint job haha. Nobody has ever questioned the dash, they just think it was always black

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #347
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07 View Post
Haha I did use flat but then I used a clear coat on top of it which gave it a little gloss but nothing crazy. It was just enough to not make it look like a spray paint job haha. Nobody has ever questioned the dash, they just think it was always black

Thanks!

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #348
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After wiring my fog lights I have been inspired to make my switches a little more neat. My ocd kicks in a bit and all the different types of switches is killing me. Since I am going to need a 4th for my future light bar I ordered a pack of 4 led switches from China so they only cost me 5 bucks. I was going to add a second oem light switch bezel to replace my ash tray but they cheapest on ebay was like 25 bucks and even junk yard sites have them high priced. I think I will just drill a hole in the panel under my steering wheel and put the switch there. It will still be next to the other switches, just not on the same panel. Id rather use that money somewhere else.

Here is my current switches and my future. Still have no idea how I am going to wire all 6 lights from the light bar..I'd like to put them all on one switch..possible?
Also I got my sticker in the mail for my new top since I had to throw away my old sticker..I'll post pics of what it is when the rain stops so I can get it on

Dakota is getting big..
imag2150.jpg   imag2152.jpg   light-switches.jpg  

My build:
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #349
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I can't seem to stop buying stuff..I sold my stock air system and just ordered a cold air with heat shield. For those who dislike them, I don't want to hear it, we all have our opinions I know it is not the safest air system as far as keeping things out, but I don't go through many dusty places and I don't do any crazy water crossings. Honestly, I like the sound of them. I am going to order to a new stock tailpipe soon and hopefully that will make my current flowmaster sound pretty good, at least better than stock that is.

My build:
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #350
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

When my fence post gets here in the next few days I will start that project. I have to go buy the lights for it as well. I think autozone has a set for 11 bucks that will fit (hopefully). Then install the things I am waiting for in the mail. I do need to purchase a throttle body from a 4.0 soon since my current one is uninstalled. Hopefully I can sell that.

I need to force myself to finish these projects before starting another!

My build:
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #351
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

baha
dino.jpg  

My build:
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #352
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #353
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just stumbled on this thread...

painting the dash looks great, I did mine too, but did it in a Tan & am now considering switching again, to black. How old is the dog? Looks like a Shpeherd...Gsd's are wonderful dogs, although I'm a bit biased

..looked at the pic again...definately a shepherd, they are the best dogs
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #354
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I just stimbled on this thread...

painting the dash looks great, I did mine too, but did it in a Tan & am now considering switching again, to black. How old is the dog? Looks like a Shpeherd...Gsd's are wonderful dogs, although I'm a bit biased

..looked at the pic again...definately a shepherd, they are the best dogs
Im so glad I did my dash! Yes she's a gsd, she's 14 weeks old today

My build:
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #355
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Im so glad I did my dash! Yes she's a gsd, she's 14 weeks old today
I hope you train her, at least basic training, mine is 6yrs old now and training her helps by a long shot I've had 2 other's, one of whom was also trained, but she has the most training and it's nice.....I was never allowed to bring them to my dorm at school though

...I mean positive reinforcment...not shouting at the dogs..just so you don't think I'm one of those

back on Jeep topic, I do bash Smittybilt stuff all the time...but I know a kid at school who has a Smitty top on his YJ and it's holding up great with no problems
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #356
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I hope you train her, at least basic training, mine is 6yrs old now and training her helps by a long shot I've had 2 other's, one of whom was also trained, but she has the most training and it's nice.....I was never allowed to bring them to my dorm at school though

...I mean positive reinforcment...not shouting at the dogs..just so you don't think I'm one of those

back on Jeep topic, I do bash Smittybilt stuff all the time...but I know a kid at school who has a Smitty top on his YJ and it's holding up great with no problems
She wasn't allowed at my dorm.. haha I only had her there for a week. I am very into training with her. I want a well trained dog. I know she still has to go through her "teenager" phase but as of right now she knows the basic sit, down, stay, paw, heal, wait. Can't wait to teach her more! She's great for sure. We have always had dogs so I know alll about positive reinforcement

I don't doubt that my top will hold up, it really feels like good material and it poured for a few days and not a drop got in I've learned on here, that when it comes to bashing things, don't bash unless you've tried from your own experience. I have learned tons and received awesome information on here, but when it comes to things like name brands I try for myself

My build:
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #357
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Closer pics of my lights and then my flashlight. A little ghetto with the zip tie for now until I can get over to home depot for some clips and a better flash light but it's better than nothing!
imag2178-1-.jpg   imag2181.jpg  

My build:
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #358
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

She wasn't allowed at my dorm.. haha I only had her there for a week. I am very into training with her. I want a well trained dog. I know she still has to go through her "teenager" phase but as of right now she knows the basic sit, down, stay, paw, heal, wait. Can't wait to teach her more! She's great for sure. We have always had dogs so I know alll about positive reinforcement

I don't doubt that my top will hold up, it really feels like good material and it poured for a few days and not a drop got in I've learned on here, that when it comes to bashing things, don't bash unless you've tried from your own experience. I have learned tons and received awesome information on here, but when it comes to things like name brands I try for myself
Haha I know what you mean & I would hate to imagine how bad the teenager phase would be with no training.

As for the smitty bashing, I will admit that you have to pick & choose with lots of products & companies...a friend of mine has their bumpers & they didn't fit well & the coating sucked. But for a low price top why not. ...I mean my bestop lasted 4yrs before it started wearing out....granted I sold it for half the original value but I got lucky. Yours looks good too, at least in your pics.

Oh & zip ties aren't too ghetto....I had my licence plate zip tied on for like 2 yrs

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #359
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got my fence post today. They sent me one with a flange but thats okay because I need to cut the post anyway. So now to do the measurements and light placement then it's time to cut away. Just a few pics of the post and the lights I am going to use.
imag2198.jpg   imag2199-1-.jpg   imag2200.jpg  

My build:
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #360
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was going to put the light bar above the windshield but I think I just made the decision to put it underneath my hi lift on my hood.

Above the windshield I would have to drill holes. On the hood I would just use the hinge holes where my hi lift is mounted. I would also have to find L shaped brackets that fit perfectly without interfering with the soft top because that space above the windshield is very small. I'd also have to wire the lights down the windshield as appose to on the hood they would go right in where the hood lifts and then the firewall is right there making it very easy to get them inside the cab to the switch. Under the hi lift would be low profile. I would also only use 4 lights on the hood as opposed to 6.

I am doing the measurements right on the post. Right now I only purchased two lights to make sure they fit and then I will buy the other set.
imag2203.jpg  

My build:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.