97 tj college build - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 tj college build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #211
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

X2. Had this happen in my YJ. Was confused until I found the pebble. Worth knowing exactly what's going on in there though. Grandpa always told me that your vehicle needs three things to work ok - a pointer, a STOPPER, and a go'er!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #212
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
X2. Had this happen in my YJ. Was confused until I found the pebble. Worth knowing exactly what's going on in there though. Grandpa always told me that your vehicle needs three things to work ok - a pointer, a STOPPER, and a go'er!
That's good advice! It hasn't happened since but when I get time this weekend I'll take it apart, check it out!

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #213
fiend78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It looks great. You did a nice job with everything. How is the dash holding up still? I am looking to get rid of my tan interior and paint everything black.
fiend78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #214
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend78 View Post
It looks great. You did a nice job with everything. How is the dash holding up still? I am looking to get rid of my tan interior and paint everything black.
Thanks! The dash is still holding up just fine. Looks as good as the day I did it. Nothing is chipping or fading or anything. I'm waiting for a new shift knob to come in the mail so when it does and I take pictures of that I can snap a few of my dash again. My guess is if it lasted in the summer in the heat and with the top and doors off it won't have a problem in the winter.

My build:
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #215
fiend78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07 View Post
Thanks! The dash is still holding up just fine. Looks as good as the day I did it. Nothing is chipping or fading or anything. I'm waiting for a new shift knob to come in the mail so when it does and I take pictures of that I can snap a few of my dash again. My guess is if it lasted in the summer in the heat and with the top and doors off it won't have a problem in the winter.
I want to paint mine in the next few weeks before it starts to get too cold. Did you do anything to prep it? Or just paint?
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #216
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I want to paint mine in the next few weeks before it starts to get too cold. Did you do anything to prep it? Or just paint?
It was cold when I did mine, and it's a lot harder to do so ya if I were you i'd get on it haha. I honestly did not do as much prep as people say to do. I didn't even think it was going to last so i even half assed it, just washed the dash with soap and water, let it dry. I used rustoleam fabric and vinyl and they had a sort of primer, I think it was adhesive or something, but I sprayed that, then sprayed the flat black, and then covered it with a clear coat. All from rustoleum fabric and vinyl.

My build:
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #217
fiend78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07 View Post
It was cold when I did mine, and it's a lot harder to do so ya if I were you i'd get on it haha. I honestly did not do as much prep as people say to do. I didn't even think it was going to last so i even half assed it, just washed the dash with soap and water, let it dry. I used rustoleam fabric and vinyl and they had a sort of primer, I think it was adhesive or something, but I sprayed that, then sprayed the flat black, and then covered it with a clear coat. All from rustoleum fabric and vinyl.
Well it looks very good.
Can't wait to get rid of the tan in mine and paint it black.
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #218
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it looks very good.
Can't wait to get rid of the tan in mine and paint it black.

Well thank you! Mine was that dull grey and the black definitely makes a difference. Go for it

My build:
Unread 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #219
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

changing my front caliper today. Not looking forward to this one, I hate brakes!

My build:
Unread 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #220
hockeyplayer21
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Calipers should be pretty straight forward.

1999 WJ 4.7l - needs muffler, rotors, tires, and will be roadworthy
hockeyplayer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #221
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a CAI question. But first, know that I am not up for a debate about CAI's and their advantages and disadvantages. My jeep, and I want one haha.

Okay, so a friend gave me a brand new filter and hose so thats why I am going to do this. I didn't go out and spend hundreds of dollars. Heres the thing, sounds nothing like his 2.5 with a CAI. But his hose goes all the way to his throttle body(?), where as mine doesn't reach so it connects to the big box that is clamped to the throttle body..can I just get a longer hose and get rid of that big box and just clamp the bigger hose to the throttle body and problem solved? You wouldn't even know my CAI is installed if the hood was shut, makes no noise difference and I like the noise it makes on his jeep.

HELP! haha I want to do this. Hope all that made sense.
Thanks guys!

My build:
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #222
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplayer21 View Post
Calipers should be pretty straight forward.
Yeah I just hope it comes out easy. Put PB on it this morning but nothing likes to come off my jeep easily.

My build:
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #223
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man it's been a while. Nothing to dramatic has gone on. I've just been busy with classes and stuff. Since the last time, I replaced my caliper on the right side as well as ball joints and u joints on the right front side. Haven't had time or the money to do the left side. Plus, it took about 10 hours doing the ball joints and u joints because I couldn't get the bolts off the hub cap, they were basically worn down to nothing, so I had to cut the ball joints and U joint to get it all apart. Then i paid a guy at a shop to get the worn out bolts. Nothing came out easy, it was a PITA. That's what I get for buying a 13 year old jeep from the hills on CT. Also, a friend of mine gave me a flowmaster muffler for my jeep, gonna do that this weekend hopefully. Might be swapping my softtop for a hardtop next week. It's tan, but tinted windows and in really good condition. The kid just wants a softtop. So I'll probably swap him, run it until May and buy a cheap softop to run in the summer because it's barely on anyway. That's pretty much the updates I think.

My build:
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #224
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Recent pictures.
300502_10150337397407260_597632259_8593936_2006948891_n.jpg   322831_10150375439822260_597632259_8757243_548935426_o.jpg  

My build:
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #225
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did you end up getting that hard top after all?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.