97 tj college build - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 tj college build

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #181
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you're running the patched radiator still, I'd suggest picking up that solid used one or else a cheap new one. I had a pretty 'tarded experience with a patched radiator...I won't get into that story, but it was no fun. For the O2 sensor, you can chase the threads with a decent tap of the exactly correct size, hopefully clean them out enough to run the new O2 sensor in. If all else fails, you can have that section of the pipe cut out and replaced with a section that has a fresh bung for the O2 sensor. Most shops would do this for $50-60 and have you install the O2 sensor yourself (they hate to be held liable if they break the sensor on install...it costs shops a ****load of money).

Did you ever get that shock mount re-welded? When you bedline the Jeep you should look at some seat frame risers. Every lady-Jeeper I know has them and it helps considerably with visibility. Loving the red!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #182
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
If you're running the patched radiator still, I'd suggest picking up that solid used one or else a cheap new one. I had a pretty 'tarded experience with a patched radiator...I won't get into that story, but it was no fun. For the O2 sensor, you can chase the threads with a decent tap of the exactly correct size, hopefully clean them out enough to run the new O2 sensor in. If all else fails, you can have that section of the pipe cut out and replaced with a section that has a fresh bung for the O2 sensor. Most shops would do this for $50-60 and have you install the O2 sensor yourself (they hate to be held liable if they break the sensor on install...it costs shops a ****load of money).

Did you ever get that shock mount re-welded? When you bedline the Jeep you should look at some seat frame risers. Every lady-Jeeper I know has them and it helps considerably with visibility. Loving the red!

I do plan on picking up a radiator, at some point. I get paid every two weeks so its tough. I called a local jeep place around here and he said the same thing, I can tap a hole and put the new one in or something like you mentioned. I think I'm going to have to work on that more today.

I did get that shock mount on, I ran without it for so long, but yep finally on! About the seats..surprisingly mine sit pretty high. I sit in a friends 04' and I feel like I'm on the ground and can barely see over the dash..but in my jeep it's not like that at all. Not sure why, there arn't any pucks or anything under em' but they do sit higher than other jeep seats i've sat in! Thanks for all your input

My build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-college-build-1186424/
wrscpc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #183
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

At least the PO did not remove stuffing from the left side of your seat like mine did! I think he did it to get in and out easier but it kind of sucks to ride on a seat frame rail. I crammed chunks of mattress pad in there until I have time to install the other seats I have.

Let us know how the O2 sensor and radiator work out! Then you can move on to bumpers, lockers and other fun stuff! If you get bored and are poor, there is a really cool cheap tricks, fixes, mods forum thread. Search for that and do cheapie stuff! Keep yourself busy until more dead presidents roll in.

What do you study at school?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Unread 08-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #184
hockeyplayer21
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've still got that radiator for sale

1999 WJ 4.7l - needs muffler, rotors, tires, and will be roadworthy
hockeyplayer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #185
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
At least the PO did not remove stuffing from the left side of your seat like mine did! I think he did it to get in and out easier but it kind of sucks to ride on a seat frame rail. I crammed chunks of mattress pad in there until I have time to install the other seats I have.

Let us know how the O2 sensor and radiator work out! Then you can move on to bumpers, lockers and other fun stuff! If you get bored and are poor, there is a really cool cheap tricks, fixes, mods forum thread. Search for that and do cheapie stuff! Keep yourself busy until more dead presidents roll in.

What do you study at school?
If my seat was like that it'd bother the hell out of me! I have the sensor already, just gotta get it in hah so I have money for other stuff. I ordered some taillight guards today, I like the look of them. Next is rear corner guards and I decided ont he src front bumper..just waiting to get paid next thursday I was really looking into lockers but I don't wheel to much because there arn't many places around here. I would LOVE to be able to run 35s but don't have anywhere close to that kind of money hah.

right now I'm finishing up a general study degree, sucks but because I switched my major a billion times the only way to get credit for all my classes when I transfer is making my major general studies. But I should be transferring somewhere in spring for criminal justice !

My build:
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #186
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplayer21 View Post
I've still got that radiator for sale
I'll contact you first for that when I get to it. which should be soon so lucky me if you still have it! Thanks!

My build:
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #187
Mishka1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07

If my seat was like that it'd bother the hell out of me! I have the sensor already, just gotta get it in hah so I have money for other stuff. I ordered some taillight guards today, I like the look of them. Next is rear corner guards and I decided ont he src front bumper..just waiting to get paid next thursday I was really looking into lockers but I don't wheel to much because there arn't many places around here. I would LOVE to be able to run 35s but don't have anywhere close to that kind of money hah.

right now I'm finishing up a general study degree, sucks but because I switched my major a billion times the only way to get credit for all my classes when I transfer is making my major general studies. But I should be transferring somewhere in spring for criminal justice !
I just went with some cheaper 35's myself and there turnin out to not be half bad. They are the red letter general grabbers

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-3129876807.jpg  
Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #188
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka1324 View Post
I just went with some cheaper 35's myself and there turnin out to not be half bad. They are the red letter general grabbers

Jealous! But I'd have to change axles and gears and all that fun stuff to run 35's

My build:
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #189
Mishka1324

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrscpc07

Jealous! But I'd have to change axles and gears and all that fun stuff to run 35's
You have the 35 and 30?

Mishka1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #190
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck with Criminal Studies and Jeepin! Sounds like you're on the right track!

Unread 08-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #191
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka1324 View Post
You have the 35 and 30?

yesss correct

My build:
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #192
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck with Criminal Studies and Jeepin! Sounds like you're on the right track!
Thanks! I like my life plan right now

My build:
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #193
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I really like KC lites, one of my bulbs burnt out and all I had to do was send it in no questions asked and they sent me one within a week. This is the second time they've helped me out. Definitely recommend them. Got my taillight guards on, I like em! I'll post a picture later. Now for the corner guards and bumperrrr

My build:
Unread 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #194
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some random shots
tyto.jpg   tyto2.jpg   tyto3.jpg  

My build:
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #195
wrscpc07
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is parked, started working on my fuel pump last night hoping to finish this morning but its pouring and rain and is supposed to rain the next two days..looks like i gotta do it in the rain. ughh!

My build:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.