97 TJ Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Build Thread

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #46
Contra
1997 TJ Wrangler 

also kinda looks like mine

Unread 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #47
abeshures
2004 TJ Wrangler 

looking good so far. Fixing the rust will be a fun job keep updating im looking forward to seeing how it turns out
abeshures is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #48
sundaydriver
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This Jeep has it all, and will go any where, as well as down the road @ 70mph with the air condition on. If you were to do a custom build similar to the one that this 2000 wrangler went through you would be shelling out 15k just for the parts and labor thats not including the Jeep with only 52k original miles. It will crawl with tube frame buggies! I will post a parts list and try to name everything it has. Please call Rusty for more info 870-307-3554. or email relumbaugh@certifleet.com

*36x13.50x15 Super Swamper Iroks
*Black Rock Krawler Rims
*5.5 Rubicon Express Lift
*2" Spider Trax wheel spacers
*Rear 8.8,Dana 40,Rear disc brakes,4:10 gears,detroit locker
*front dana 30,4:10 gears, lock rite locker
*Tom Woods custom fnt and rear drive shafts,with SYE
*full under carriage skid plates, rock lights
*New smitty bilt 8k winch
*6cyl, K&N, optima red top battery,flow master
*hand throttle
*frame up roll cage, simpson race belts
*RCI fuel cell
*Big Dog rock sliders, rock crawler rear and frnt bumpers
*Posion spider rock crusher corners
*full safari top, duster cover, and wind jammer back glass, jeep cover also included.
*hella off road lights
*rhino lined tub
*flush mount rear and frnt led brake and signals.
sundaydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
Squeeky
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
This Jeep has it all, and will go any where, as well as down the road @ 70mph with the air condition on. If you were to do a custom build similar to the one that this 2000 wrangler went through you would be shelling out 15k just for the parts and labor thats not including the Jeep with only 52k original miles. It will crawl with tube frame buggies! I will post a parts list and try to name everything it has. Please call Rusty for more info 870-307-3554. or email relumbaugh@certifleet.com

*36x13.50x15 Super Swamper Iroks
*Black Rock Krawler Rims
*5.5 Rubicon Express Lift
*2" Spider Trax wheel spacers
*Rear 8.8,Dana 40,Rear disc brakes,4:10 gears,detroit locker
*front dana 30,4:10 gears, lock rite locker
*Tom Woods custom fnt and rear drive shafts,with SYE
*full under carriage skid plates, rock lights
*New smitty bilt 8k winch
*6cyl, K&N, optima red top battery,flow master
*hand throttle
*frame up roll cage, simpson race belts
*RCI fuel cell
*Big Dog rock sliders, rock crawler rear and frnt bumpers
*Posion spider rock crusher corners
*full safari top, duster cover, and wind jammer back glass, jeep cover also included.
*hella off road lights
*rhino lined tub
*flush mount rear and frnt led brake and signals.
How bout posting in the classifieds section...

My auto racing team (neat website lots of pictures)

Stu-offroad, A wealth of information on TJ's!

4x4xplor

Motor Oil Myths and Facts (Not sponsored by Amsoil)
Squeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #50
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
How bout posting in the classifieds section...
It's ok, because apparently he's banned now. lol

I do wish that as the originator of the thread I had the option to delete posts though...

My build
joet7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #51
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I went wheelin last night, got stuck for the first time. Stuck it pretty good. Had to be winched out. I think I got mud or water in my clutch though, cause now it's slipping. I thought the clutch was going but everyone I was with said it will probably work itself out.

In addition, I have a check engine light for the second time since Friday. The first time it happened my friend (who has an OBD2 reader) read the code and it said it was misfiring on cylinder 1 and there was a problem with the catalyst system. In regards to the cylinder misfire, I'm hoping I just have a fouled plug. Easy fix. The catalyst system ... well the exhaust is very loose and basically falling off so I'm hoping to fix that between now and Sunday.

More updates soon.

My build
Unread 11-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #52
JumpinJen
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, that's not a bad looking ride. My Jeep thinks your Jeep is sexy.

I like what you've done to it so far!
JumpinJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #53
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Haven't really had anything to report. I brought the Jeep home because the rear end was howling and I never got around to fixing it over winter break. One of my dad's buddies has an idea about what's up and how to fix it, so now I'm just waiting.

If I can get the current issues fixed for little or no money, I think my tax return is going to go toward a 4" Rough Country lift.

My build
Unread 03-15-2009, 05:50 AM   #54
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but my Jeep had a moderately bad misfire. I fixed it yesterday. Put on a new distributor cap and rotor, 6 new plugs, and corrected the firing order. The guy that owned the Jeep before me had plug wires 2 and 4 mixed up. All the time I had the misfire I never even thought to check the firing order.

The bad part of yesterday was having my thoughts confirmed that I need a new ring in pinion in the rear. Looking at the upside though, that means re-gearing! The downside of that is that I'll need to do the front too.

But before we even look at the rear end, I need a new battery and cable ends, which sucks, cause that's another $75-$100 out the window.

Sometime this summer or next, I'll be tearing down the engine and building the top end along with a little freshening on the bottom end. Details will come eventually, but for now I'll just mention the stuff I can remember off the top of my head.

Top end:
Freshen the head
Port match the intake to the head
Valve work
New camshaft
New intake
Headers (might build them, might buy them, not sure.)

Bottom end:
New oil pump and a good cleaning down below

My build
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #55
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled the front diff cover today to check the gears. The rear end has to be re-built, so I wanted to check on the condition of the front end. If the front end was bad I was going to re-gear, but since the front end is fine I'm sticking with stock gearing. Richmond 3.07s in the rear end next weekend.

Front end opened up:

Oh, and last weekend I got an old battery out of a storage unit I was cleaning out. I charged it up and it held, so there's 75 bucks I don't have to spend.

My build
Unread 03-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #56
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

nice jeep man..this really makes me want to rubberize my tub...even tho its in immaculate condition on the inside...when they say rubberize..does it mean that it feels like rubber..or is more of a solid kinda thing?..u can pm me if u want

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #57
Mini-Me26
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty build! I'll crawl for knowing how it feels.

You're in a lot better shape than I am though. That rubberized coating looks great, but I don't know if I trust it for the long run.
Mini-Me26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #58
MisterO

My personal opinion on the 3M Rubberizer.
I used that spray on rubberizer on my rockers right beneath to doors. It sprays on really nice and a good texture too. I really like how it looks and feels too. My only problem is that it is very soft, and you can basically scratch it off with your fingernail.
I plan on pulling my carpet in the summer and doing the same thing with the rust ( sanding it and rubberizer) but then putting back in the carpet after so I don't mind using the rubberizer. But if you plan on just using it to coat your floor like people do with hurculiner (which is much tougher) I would not suggest it being that your shoes will pretty much wear right through it and scrape it pretty fast.
That's pretty much all.

Oh and to the OP (Joet7287) I like your jeep and what you've done to it. Kinda looks like mine being that its blue and rusty lol.
Check my build, its still small and not really modded, but slowly movin up.

Also please post some more pictures.
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #59
Mini-Me26
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
My only problem is that it is very soft, and you can basically scratch it off with your fingernail.
I plan on pulling my carpet in the summer and doing the same thing with the rust ( sanding it and rubberizer) but then putting back in the carpet after so I don't mind using the rubberizer. But if you plan on just using it to coat your floor like people do with hurculiner (which is much tougher) I would not suggest it being that your shoes will pretty much wear right through it and scrape it pretty fast.
Cool, thanks. That's all I needed to know. I doubt I'll keep the carpet after it's bedlined.
Mini-Me26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #60
kylerobichaud
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hey man any problems runnin the 12.50 on stock rims. rub much at full turn?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.