97 TJ Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ Build Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #31
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep2jeep View Post
looks good with the rubberizer. is the $33 cost before or after you cashed in all the loose change?
haha, the $33 is without cashing in the change. No joke though, there's probably 3-5 dollars worth of change that I pulled out of that thing. I'm probably going to clean it and turn it in to the bank. Why throw away perfectly good (though dirty) money?

My build
joet7287 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, already a great improvement. Keep it up
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #33
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the Jeep back from the shop today. Steering play has been fixed, new tires are on, new windshield is in, and new contacts for the 3rd brake light were installed. All of that so it could be inspected. I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow.

My build
Unread 11-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #34
mountainpoo
1994 XJ Cherokee 

where did you get that 3m undercoating from and which one. there seems to a couple different ones to choose from.
cragar soft 8's 4" BS
31x10.5 R15 cooper discoverer stt's
homemade snorkel
mountainpoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #35
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's just 3M Ribberized Undercoating. When we have a nice day and I'm out taking pictures of the Jeep with the new tires on it, I'll get a picture of the can. I bought it at Wal Mart.

My build
Unread 11-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #36
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today I fixed my prop rod, put my passenger seat back in, added antifreeze, put my console in, and installed my CB (minus antenna, cause I don't have the money).

The weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow, so I'll try to get some pictures of the new tires and the CB.

My build
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #37
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot about the rubberizer can, but I'm going back out today to work on the Jeep anyway, so I'll get a picture then and post it later today.

Here are the tires and the CB.

My build
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #38
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not trying to bash your flares.. but you should pick up some newer ones.. I'm sure you could pick some up off craigslist or ebay pretty cheap.

I also like your rubberized interior.. going to get on that sometime soon.
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #39
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
Not trying to bash your flares.. but you should pick up some newer ones.. I'm sure you could pick some up off craigslist or ebay pretty cheap.

I also like your rubberized interior.. going to get on that sometime soon.
Not being defensive, but why? What's wrong with those?

My build
Unread 11-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #40
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

repaint the flares with krylon fusion, they just dont look as good as they could right now...
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #41
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I agree the flares need to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #42
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just like the newer kind. I guess just personal preference.
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #43
MisterO

watchin this thread being that Ive got the same jeep, only a hard top and slightly better condition.
but i like how this is comin along.

Flares i don't think would be that bad if they were sprayed with some krylon, but they are fairly large..

love the new tires, mind me asking what they cost you?
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #44
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
watchin this thread being that Ive got the same jeep, only a hard top and slightly better condition.
but i like how this is comin along.

Flares i don't think would be that bad if they were sprayed with some krylon, but they are fairly large..

love the new tires, mind me asking what they cost you?
Right now I don't have enough money, so I can't get new flares. I know they're big, but I don't like it if the tires aren't covered, and in NH we're required to cover the whole tire anyway, so they have to be there. I love the look of the Bushwacker flares, but I've heard they break easy, so I don't want to save up and install something that I know I'm going to break.

I don't mind you asking about the tires at all, but right now I don't have an answer for you. The shop I get my work done at sends out bills after the fact, so I don't even know yet. One of the guys that I know that works there said he guesses they're about $170 each, but I get tires at, or pretty close to, his cost, so I don't know what they'd cost you.

Any other questions feel free to ask, I don't mind.

My build
Unread 11-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #45
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't post about it earlier because I was caught up in the discussion about my flares but I wheeled the Jeep for the first time on Sunday night, and we're probably going out again tonight. Pictures soon.

Also, I finally remembered to get a picture of the rubberizer can.

And lastly, today I got rid of the rest of the milk jugs on the bumpers, removed my mud flaps, and installed a 2' CB antenna where the stock radio antenna was. Pictures later; I finished it after dark tonight so I couldn't get any.

My build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.