97 TJ on 35s - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ on 35s

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #331
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got some tie-downs and ratchet straps from Lowe's the other day to be able to secure the spare and other things in the tub. I put a tie down in each corner of the bed.

Also because of a shipping error I am missing my clubs annual wheeling event to RC this weekend because my Metalcloak CA's won't be here, and I don't want to risk ripping my other front lower axle side mount off with the RC arms. Sucks because that was my only chance to wheel this summer.

Unread 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #332
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the MC arms in the other day.

I was able to swap out the front 4 arms Wednesday. As the following pictures will show, the RC arms flex-joints and bushings gave out within the 3 years they were on, even with being greased.

It's hard to tell in this picture but this bushing is all cracked and ruined.

This is a video showing the play in the driver side upper flex-joint. Obviously this contributed to my rough ride.

My front driver side UCA bushing on the axle end isn't helping:

Front arms in:

I took it for a test drive Wednesday night with just the front set swapped. It was a dramatic difference in ride quality. The front end floated over bumps in the road, and the rear still took jarring hits.

Yesterday I was able to swap the rear arms out.

Here is a picture of the old, POS RC arms.

Also, an interesting difference between the arms. Look at the size of the shank for the RC UCA's vs. the MC. I always thought they looked small, but figured it may just be that way for all manufacturers. Obviously not..

After getting the rear arms in, I drove it again and the difference is amazing. I finally feel like I have a great ride and it just absorbs the bumps in the road. I don't receive jarring shocks each time I go over a pot hole. The Duroflex joints provide a much better ride than the RC poly bushings and X-Flex joints. Also, I probably won't have to worry about ripping a CA bracket off now because these are softer than the poly bushings in the RC arms. I can ride comfortable in the Jeep now.
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #333
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good man
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #334
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Looks good man
Thanks

Haven't done much lately since being at school. Switched the soft top out for the hard top when I went home a few weekends ago.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.