97 TJ on 35s - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ on 35s

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #316
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was hoping you had a build thread. Your Jeep is basically what mine will turn out to be. Except with a few different things.

I love that crossmember. I'm going to order the same except with the 2" reciever since I tow sometimes.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #317
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
I was hoping you had a build thread. Your Jeep is basically what mine will turn out to be. Except with a few different things.

I love that crossmember. I'm going to order the same except with the 2" reciever since I tow sometimes.
Thanks man, and good luck with yours.

A guy in my Jeep club got the receiver cross member the same day I got mine. They are both awesome pieces and I love the look of the rear of the Jeep now. Can't wait to try out the new departure angle too.
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #318
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was able to hammer the nut off of the cross member today. After a few hundred hits with a chisel and sledge it came off. I put the shock on, put the gas tank in, and took it for a test drive. Feels good with all of the new shocks. Much better than the RC shocks.

Here's a better picture of the rear with the new xmember.

And this shows the new departure angle.

Unread 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #319
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Would you recommend putting the crossmember on before the Savvy GTS?

-Jack
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #320
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Would you recommend putting the crossmember on before the Savvy GTS?
It would definitely be easier and you probably wouldn't need to drop the GTS to do it if you have the stock skid. The Savvy raises the tank which then limits access to the inner bolts that go through the crossmember.

Don't forget if you are going to drop the tank to have as minimal gas as possible. When I did the GTS I probably had <1/8 a tank. This time I had just over 1/4 and it was noticably more difficult to move it around with the gas sloshing from end to end. I did it by myself this time, though. Last time I had one other person helping.
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #321
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, you know you have the rampage installed wrong. The underside straps don't go like that

There is a YouTube video. The strap comes around the seatbelt. If you cut the studs off, I would thread a rod or weld something there. It makes a big difference.
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #322
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Dude, you know you have the rampage installed wrong. The underside straps don't go like that

There is a YouTube video. The strap comes around the seatbelt. If you cut the studs off, I would thread a rod or weld something there. It makes a big difference.
LOL I just watched the video. That part of the instructions was so confusing. I will have to fix it tomorrow. Thanks
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #323
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Only reason I knew is because I just installed mine on Friday. You will be a lot happier
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #324
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Only reason I knew is because I just installed mine on Friday. You will be a lot happier
I thought it seemed weird how I just had them wrapped around the roll bar and stuff.
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #325
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a full set of Metal Cloak control arms..
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #326
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
Ordered a full set of Metal Cloak control arms..
You'll love them. Shipping might take awhile but it's worth it. The rear uppers alone drastically changed the way mine rode. Can't wait till I get my other sets in.

-Jack
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #327
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You'll love them. Shipping might take awhile but it's worth it. The rear uppers alone drastically changed the way mine rode. Can't wait till I get my other sets in.
I think it will greatly improve the ride..the poly bushings in the RC arms suck. Can't wait to get these in and try them.

How long was it to get yours?
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #328
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You'll love them.
Ditto.

Quote:
I think it will greatly improve the ride..the poly bushings in the RC arms suck. Can't wait to get these in and try them.

I just installed both lowers last week, already had the rear uppers for when I did my tummy tuck a few months ago, but the last week driving my rig has been super smooth. Definitely changed how it rode. Just took advantage of the free shipping for the 4th and got the front uppers to complete the set, can't wait!

Mine took around two weeks to get them. And that's to me in MA, so I'd say that aint too bad.. Might be a little longer with the delay from the sale tho.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #329
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It was prob a week and a half for my arms and trackbar, which was really fast, but after the free shipping weekend they put out a notice saying shipping might be slower than usual.

-Jack
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #330
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Ditto.

I just installed both lowers last week, already had the rear uppers for when I did my tummy tuck a few months ago, but the last week driving my rig has been super smooth. Definitely changed how it rode. Just took advantage of the free shipping for the 4th and got the front uppers to complete the set, can't wait!

Mine took around two weeks to get them. And that's to me in MA, so I'd say that aint too bad.. Might be a little longer with the delay from the sale tho.
That's good to hear. Looking forward to the improved ride. Now that I'm not wheeling it as much and making the 3.5 hour highway drive to school every couple months the ride quality factor has moved up on the priority list.

Quote:
It was prob a week and a half for my arms and trackbar, which was really fast, but after the free shipping weekend they put out a notice saying shipping might be slower than usual.
Ok, Hopefully they get here within two weeks. I really want to go to Rausch Creek on the weekend of August 3rd to get a wheeling trip in this summer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.