97 TJ on 35s - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ on 35s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #256
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
You gotta love bodyshop. Here's a friend on tons with 40's and a squeaky hydro assist
Yeah body shop is a fun obstacle.

I got around to fixing my glovebox and center console from the thieves who broke the glove box handle and the center console lock.

I got a new handle on the box and installed a cam lock for more security.

I also fabbed up a new lock for the center console. I'll get a pic of that tomorrow.

Unread 08-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #257
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Center console lock, just need to paint the top bracket.

Unread 01-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #258
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
Sorry Jay... I'm calling BS on these 2 pics.

Those pics are shopped... top pic,look at the line at the left side of the window frame against the rock... that's what first gave it away to me... then look at the pass front tire... looks strangely flat at the bottom for being up in the air.

As for the last pic... no damage to the hood there... 70% of the vehicle's weight is on that rock where the hood is contacting it.

In the last pic... no one can stay in the seat like that with the vehicle at that angle. The seatbelt is holding you in... not just barely touching your shoulder while your butt is perfectly center in the seat.
that pics should say... " Look mom, no hands on the steering wheel yet I'm not falling out "
Those pics don't look fake to me... Just looks like bad driving...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #259
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how much did they charge you for the front stinger/grill guard/bumper?
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #260
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
Those pics don't look fake to me... Just looks like bad driving...
Nobody I was with had run through Body Shop before so they couldn't spot much. Lets see your pics then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc202 View Post
how much did they charge you for the front stinger/grill guard/bumper?
PM BESRK for a quote on here.
Unread 01-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #261
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
Nobody I was with had run through Body Shop before so they couldn't spot much. Lets see your pics then.
The last 3 pages of my build thread have lots of Crozet pics and videos. I got the yearly unlimited membership to Crozet so I'll be up there a few times this year.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #262
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread! I just read the whole thread. My build is alot like yours. A few questions cause i haven't finished mine yet. Have you ever check MPGs with the auto, 4.56 and 35 combo, thats same as what I will be running loaded down with about same armor and whats the engine RPM cruising at 70 MPH?

What transmission mount did you use with the Ultra High Clearance TT Skid?

Sorry if I missed these answers if allready listed.
bronco2guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #263
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The last 3 pages of my build thread have lots of Crozet pics and videos. I got the yearly unlimited membership to Crozet so I'll be up there a few times this year.
It's a great place to wheel. I prefer RC though after having been to Crozet 3 or 4 times, just because the park is bigger and has more trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2guy View Post
Great thread! I just read the whole thread. My build is alot like yours. A few questions cause i haven't finished mine yet. Have you ever check MPGs with the auto, 4.56 and 35 combo, thats same as what I will be running loaded down with about same armor and whats the engine RPM cruising at 70 MPH?

What transmission mount did you use with the Ultra High Clearance TT Skid?

Sorry if I missed these answers if allready listed.
MPG's depend on what speed I'm going. At 70mph I'm running 3250 RPM which is really high. I'm not sure if its the km2s running a little small or if I would have been better off with 4.10s. From research it seems you would want around 2750 RPMs at 70mph/cruising speed. I get around 12-14 MPG if I stay at 75 and under.

I have the stock transmission mount.

Good luck with your build
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #264
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Haven’t updated this in a while but it needs a big update. On the way home for Thanksgiving break from school my Jeep started making a noise on the interstate and then the tcase blew up. I figured it must have been a seized driveshaft because the case split. 288 miles of being towed later it was dropped off at a shop to get a new tcase while I was home hopefully to be finished in time for me to get back to school with it.

They quote me $1450 to get a reman tcase and swap it in so I say ok because a reman tcase is about $1200 anyways. Well because of the holiday they couldn’t get the case in time so that’s ok I took another car back to school.

They call me a couple days after I’m back at school and say that it’s worse than they thought and I’ll need a new rear driveshaft, can’t get the tcase core charge (well no **** I said the tcase exploded and showed you a piece of the case that was sitting on the skid plate), and a few more odds and ends. Estimate goes up to $3700…WTF?? Well I’m at school so not much I can do and they already have the other case so I’m already sucked into the hole.

I get a call the next week and they say my transmission bell housing is cracked….ok so how was this not noticed when you first got under the rig. My dad goes over to look at it after getting back from a business trip. Says there’s a huge V shaped crack in it and that as soon as you lay under it you see it. Obviously this is all fishy at this point and what they most likely did is gave me a small quote at first to get me to agree to the work, then after parts had been ordered there was no turning back and they bent me over. All said and done, a new transmission, flex plate, oil pump, tcase, rear drive shaft, etc was north of $7000.

It came down to me either paying to fix the jeep or selling it as is and taking a huge loss as I had already ok’d $3700 worth of work. I decided to keep it because of everything invested in it and I would have had to buy another car anyways.

Got the Jeep back about 5 weeks after initially dropping it off. It’s running good now and made the drive back to school. Also swapped the soft top out for the hard top while at home for winter break.

Blacksburg got 8” of snow last Thursday

Unread 01-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #265
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! That sux they bent you over for 7 g's! That's half the price of a full on hemi engine and trans swap.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #266
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you got screwed.... You could have had an Atlas for that price and a rebuilt tranny????

Thanks for the info.
bronco2guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #267
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like that shop knew that you had money. Damn that sucks next time ask around.

apple. life's easier with it.
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #268
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow! That sux they bent you over for 7 g's! That's half the price of a full on hemi engine and trans swap.
Yeah, if I had been home and not at school I would have drug it home and done the work myself with help from local guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2guy View Post
Sounds like you got screwed.... You could have had an Atlas for that price and a rebuilt tranny????

Thanks for the info.
Yeah I probably could have, but like I said I wasn't home and able to do anything so I had to eat the cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc202 View Post
Sounds like that shop knew that you had money. Damn that sucks next time ask around.

apple. life's easier with it.
I don't know if its so much as they thought I had money or they are just shady. They won't get my business anymore.
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #269
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's from a couple weekends ago:

Up and over body shop:

Quote:
It's a great place to wheel. I prefer RC though after having been to Crozet 3 or 4 times, just because the park is bigger and has more trails.
We're going up to RC the 14th through the 16th of June, you should roll up there with us!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #270
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's from a couple weekends ago:

Up and over body shop:

We're going up to RC the 14th through the 16th of June, you should roll up there with us!
Tons are cheating

I would go but I have to be in Michigan for my brothers college graduation that weekend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.