97 TJ on 35s - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 TJ on 35s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #226
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

basically the lower front mounts hang down, those are desgined to be flat with the tube. The currie one is a good deal and ive welded on one recently to a friends axle.

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #227
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
basically the lower front mounts hang down, those are desgined to be flat with the tube. The currie one is a good deal and ive welded on one recently to a friends axle.
Yeah I see that now when looking at the radius. Is it a lot of grinding to make the Currie bracket fit the tube?
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #228
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Getting the stock mounts off isnt bad. Few cuts and a hammer, then clean it up. Measure up the one that isnt broken for placement. And hold the bracket when you get it to see which way the angle goes. You have to grind a little off the lower shock mount but it doesnt take long. And since one mount is torn off, you only have to cut off one. It took me about 45 mintutes start to finish. The axle was pulled though
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #229
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Getting the stock mounts off isnt bad. Few cuts and a hammer, then clean it up. Measure up the one that isnt broken for placement. And hold the bracket when you get it to see which way the angle goes. You have to grind a little off the lower shock mount but it doesnt take long. And since one mount is torn off, you only have to cut off one. It took me about 45 mintutes start to finish. The axle was pulled though
I'm only replacing the broken one. I'm going to grind the little bit thats left of the broken bracket off of the tube and then drop it off to get welded on. So less than 1 hr labor to line the new bracket up and weld it on probably?
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #230
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Assumably yes. That person has to know to keep the axle from moving throwing it off. If you have a welder, tack it where your CA fits, you should be good to go and it will take no more than an hour done right.
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #231
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Assumably yes. That person has to know to keep the axle from moving throwing it off. If you have a welder, tack it where your CA fits, you should be good to go and it will take no more than an hour done right.
Unfortunately I don't..I wanted to get one this summer and learn, but we'll see. Ok thanks for all the help
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #232
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ground and cut the LCA and shock brackets off the axle tube to prep for welding. The currie bracket along with JKS mini skid, and shock bracket will get welded on next week hopefully.

I also tried to winch my tie rod straight but it didn't do much so I ordered the Savvy tie rod and I'll try to get the bent currie rod straightened with a press to use as a spare.
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #233
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post

Sorry Jay... I'm calling BS on these 2 pics.

Those pics are shopped... top pic,look at the line at the left side of the window frame against the rock... that's what first gave it away to me... then look at the pass front tire... looks strangely flat at the bottom for being up in the air.

As for the last pic... no damage to the hood there... 70% of the vehicle's weight is on that rock where the hood is contacting it.

In the last pic... no one can stay in the seat like that with the vehicle at that angle. The seatbelt is holding you in... not just barely touching your shoulder while your butt is perfectly center in the seat.
that pics should say... " Look mom, no hands on the steering wheel yet I'm not falling out "

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #234
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17

Sorry Jay... I'm calling BS on these 2 pics.

Those pics are shopped... top pic,look at the line at the left side of the window frame against the rock... that's what first gave it away to me... then look at the pass front tire... looks strangely flat at the bottom for being up in the air.

As for the last pic... no damage to the hood there... 70% of the vehicle's weight is on that rock where the hood is contacting it.

In the last pic... no one can stay in the seat like that with the vehicle at that angle. The seatbelt is holding you in... not just barely touching your shoulder while your butt is perfectly center in the seat.
that pics should say... " Look mom, no hands on the steering wheel yet I'm not falling out "
Well buddy... I witnessed this one my way out last year, so no my friend that happened
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #235
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well buddy... I witnessed this one my way out last year, so no my friend that happened
I'm not saying your buddy has never driven through that notch... I'm just saying that those pics has been created with photo editing software.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #236
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
I'm not saying your buddy has never driven through that notch... I'm just saying that those pics has been created with photo editing software.
First you **** up my thread, now you come in here and make a mess of his? Do you have nothing better to do, ******bag?
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #237
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Okay... upon further review... I am going with 60% fake. 40% real.
The top pic... The pass front tire shadow and shape at the bottom look weird.
There is an arm holding on to the roll bar wearing a maroon shirt like the second pic but there is someone that looks like the driver but wearing a green shirt.
However... the person in blue shirt behind the jeep looks legit both their angle and their haze from the windshield.
Also the background behind the pass side spring and inner C look real.

Okay bottom pic...
Cons: the driver looks out of place but things can seem that way in a still pic... possibly could be moving and this is where his body is when the pic was snapped.
Drivers side mirror has been spun around but the view of the rock in the mirror says the mirror is pointing slightly downward but the frame makes it look like it pointing slightly upwards.

Pros... the scratches in the fender flare look real and in the right place.

Last thing... comparing the 2 pics... the front tire looks to be in the same place in both pics... the top pic, the windshield frame is in front of the peak of the drivers side rock and in pic 2, is looks to be at least a foot behind the peak.

Can we make this fun???
A Jury has 12 people, I am only one. We need 11 other people to make their decision on what they think. The variances I see in these pics could be explained by camera angle making things look different so I could believe that these 2 pics are real... but I'm leaning toward not.
After 11 more people chime in... will Jay tell us the truth about the pics. However, Jay cannot mention the truth until 11 others have given their verdicts.

Sound good?

Unread 06-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #238
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
First you **** up my thread, now you come in here and make a mess of his? Do you have nothing better to do, ******bag?
Hold on... relax those muscles a little bit. I'm not here to start trouble for the sake of doing it... I have a question about the legitimacy of 2 pics. The OP has the ability to defend himself but a defense is not required... A simple "Sorry Dcope, those are real" and move on with life.

I can't help that my black and white, direct, fewest words possible doesn't translate to well over the internet, I can actually make people laugh in person but I have yet to find anyone to think anything I say is funny over the internet. So, I do recognize the way I come across here is not received the way I intend it... but my only other option is to never say anything.

Unread 06-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #239
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those pictures are absolutely real and I have plenty more that I can show you from various cameras and angles to prove it. I also have witnesses as you can see...It was taken on an obstacle called Body Shop at Crozet in Virginia.

The green thing in the 2nd pic on the rear seat is a milk crate that I carry my fluids in. The rock didn't contact my hood at all, it is hitting the part between the door frame and my hood and also the fender. I have the scratches still to prove it if you want a pic.

Youtube Body Shop Crozet if you would like to see some videos of the obstacle, and if you want more pics I will put them up..
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #240
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And about the second pic, I was obviously in the process of turning thats why my eyes are closed and hands like that. I had soft doors on that were holding me in the jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.