97 crusty tj project. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 97 crusty tj project.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Bigdude408
1997 TJ Wrangler 

97 crusty tj project.

My jeep obsession started young, my earliest memories are in my dads beat up postal jeep.
When I was was 15 I started getting jp magazine, and all the catalogs to let me wildly build jeeps in my head. When I hit 16 and got a job, all I wanted was a cj or wrangler. And typically ended up with a 86 ford bronco. Lol. Pass down, my dad bought it new in 86. Well I ripped off the top and dealt with what I got. It was free, my dad helped me with fixing it up and painted it two tone torch red and black.

It was fun and I had allot of memories on those 31" bfg's. as soon as I got out of high school I got a full time at a service station (petroleum distribution engineer) I pumped gas. Lol
It gave me enough money to get a loan on a 93yj 2.5 5speed. I got a pretty good deal at the time for 4300 bucks.
I sold the bronco for 3500 and paid the loan off the first summer. It had 60k on it when I bought it. Young and dumb I put a cheap shackle lift on it and 31" MUDs with American racing aluminum rims. When I sold it 5years later it had 190k on the odometer, been wrecked twice on ice and rebuilt to better condition then I got it in. I sold it for 2800 right before my first son was born. Sad sad day. (Because of the jeep not the baby)

Then kids, the jeep obsession faded with baby's that can't support there own neck. But I still got my catalogs and mags teasing me.
My youngest is 3 now and it was time.
Drove 2 hours on a cl post and got this for $2800

And that was a beginning of my wife hating jeeps. Lol

Bigdude408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

SWEET!!!! Nice Jeep,cute pup!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.