96 ZJ Limited - daily driver build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 96 ZJ Limited - daily driver build

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

96 ZJ Limited - daily driver build

I originally posted this in the Grand Cherokee general discuss forum, but thought I should share some pix here as well...

So first time Jeep owner here... but long time fan. Picked up a 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 with 95k back in late February from the original owner. Garage kept most of its life and serviced at their local Jeep dealership it's entire life. Here's the only pic I've taken so far...

Ordered some parts as of yesterday... Got a 2.25" BB lift with Skyjacker shocks, found 5 golden eagle ravine wheels, some used 31" Maxxis bighorns from my brother, a stainless Magnaflow exhaust system, knock off brute force intake, a set of PIAA 520 ion fogs, and a D ring hitch receiver. Now I just can't wait for it all to start arriving so I can start the transformation of my new daily driver.

Stay tuned for more pics coming soon

So got the lift, wheels/tires, and exhaust on today... ran out of time for the other things. I did end up getting new tires, instead of used... so glad I decided to just spend the money. Anyways, here's a few pix fresh out the garage...

then 2 more after I got home...

Hope to get the rest done sooner rather than later, but all in good time. Thanx for looking...

Oh and this is my other toy... purchased new in 2001, has a sr20de fully bolted and cammed, full coilovers, etc.

Ricer_X_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

took some pix with my older brother's Cherokee...

My brother and I

33's next?? lol... he's got his 31's on from winter. He run's 33's though.

Here it is with his nice set of wheels and 33's
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

Added some tow hooks to the front this past weekend and put my vent visors on then went and got it a little muddy... doesn't look very dirty, but my wheel wells were caked!! 15 mins of fun and 2 hours of cleaning

Now I just need to figure out where I want to mount my 6" PIAA's on the front...
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

Cleaned it up the other day...

Took a few randoms today... put new plugs and wires on it. Did the cap, rotor, and cam sensor a week or so ago.

And put my fullsize spare in
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

reserved for more pix
Unread 06-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like it should have come that way from the factory. Nice job man.
99 Sport, 3.5" RE front coils and Quadratech HD rear leafs with RE AAL, Rusty's shocks. RE HD ADJ Track Bar. RE Hack n Tap SYE. 32"Falken Mountain Peak AT's on 15x8 (4.5"bs) procomp rockcrawlers. YJ Front Brake Lines. 2.5" IRO catback with Magnaflow cat. C4x4 Tow Hooks. Rear Diff Guard. Warn Front Diff Guard and TC Skid. Yakima rack. Mega Warrior Safari Rack. Cobra CB. AJ's Rocker Guards. JCR Stage 1 rear bumper. JCR Stage 4 front bumper. ORE front steering box brace.
FISTFULL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

that's what my father said as well... and thanx man
Unread 07-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

Clean...

Unread 09-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

Got my differential's fluid changed as well as my transfer case... so while I was under there I thought I'd paint my axles and add a little bling also painted my d-ring gold and silver to go with the flow.

Unread 10-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
Ricer_X_01
1996 ZJ 

Got my fog lights installed finally... made some "Home Depot" brackets and had to trim the bumper a little, but they're on. Wanted to modify a baja style brush guard I have laying around, but couldn't find time. Anyways... a few pix

and a random shot

swapped the PIAA driving lights with my brother for his fogs... didn't realize I ordered the wrong set anyways... snapped a few more randoms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.