95YJMountie's Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 95YJMountie's Build

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 02-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #46
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Odd man you and I are both having troubles with water, I found half my front diff was filled up with water yesterday... not as serious as the trand but still. Good luck to ya man hope it works out fine

sent from, uh

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #47
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
Odd man you and I are both having troubles with water, I found half my front diff was filled up with water yesterday... not as serious as the trand but still. Good luck to ya man hope it works out fine

sent from, uh
Thanks. Yeah hopefully it ends up being okay for both of us
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #48
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Alright guys, i know ive been extremely lazt and havnt updated my build thread in over 2 months... Thats about to change, because ill have a lot going on with the jeep over the next few weeks. The past few months have been spent gathering parts amd money to do mostly everything at once instead of just piece by piece. Heres what ive gotten done and gathered up so far
Unread 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #49
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Parked it for over a month, was actually debating on selling it... Yeah, it came to that... Then i slapped myself around a little bit and came to the realization that i cant sell my baby. Figured working on it would cheer me up. Needed to address the tranny issue. All gears were a struggle to get into since december 2013. Spent about a month searching for a good deal on an ax-15. Finally found one. It needed "rebuilt" but i figured so did mine, so id rather have this one thats already out and take my time rebuilding it so everything was right. Took the drain plug out, and i wasnt suprised when i found metal particles in the oil. Tore off the bellhousing, and the front case. Inspected everything. Wait a second? All these gears are in great shape? What could it be? Further inspection showed that it was the input shaft bearing. Sweet! 80$ bearing and some fluid, and ive got myself a damn near new teanny to put in. False. Bearing came in the mail, wrong bearing... Got one for an ax-5. Quick phone call, and the correct bearing was overnighted to me. Then became the next issue. The new ax-15 came from a cherokee. This means the rear case where the transfer case bolted needed to be swapped with the rear case from my yj's ax-15. Ill be doing this tomorrow, so wish me luck. Heres some pic from the process. I definitley recomend that if you need your trans rebuilt, to so it yourself. This thing was a cake walk so far( probably just jynx'd myself )

Where it began:

Next the bellhousing is off:

Now the front case:

Close up of the gears:

Rear case removed:

Unread 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #50
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Couldnt have done that without the help of jeepforum. Thanks to everyone who put up with my questions.
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #51
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The trans will hopefully be completed and installed by friday night.

About 2 weeks ago, i got 4 almost new and 3 over half tread 34x10.50x15 super swampers on a set of bent up stock steel wheels. Searched and searched for a set of used steel wheels with 3.75 bs like my others. Guy in my local jeep club (jeepinwv.com) had a set of 5, identical to my other wheels. Those will be great once i get them mounted up.

Pretty nice tires for the low price of FREE, dontcha think??
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #52
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

These pics are probably 2 months or so old, but just so you guys dont forget what she looks like...

Unread 04-10-2014, 03:00 AM   #53
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice to see an update! Don't sell it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 04-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #54
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
Nice to see an update! Don't sell it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Dont worry, its not goin anywhere
Unread 04-12-2014, 03:14 AM   #55
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Lookin' good man! Nice score on the tires! I'm looking for a bigger set myself, kinda jealous

sent from, uh

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #56
Bmann412
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie View Post
Well, it all got started on craigslist one day. I was looking for a clean stockish YJ to trade my 99 ram 1500 for. Found one I thought I could make work, called him, met up, and drove home in my new to me YJ.

Bye bye Dodge:

Hello YJ:

Don't mind the stickers; p.o went a little crazy lol. I didn't care, it needed painted anyways
Went to highschool with the previous owner. Glad to see you got rid of all the chrome and stickers. Jeep looks a whole lot better!
Bmann412 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #57
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmann412 View Post
Went to highschool with the previous owner. Glad to see you got rid of all the chrome and stickers. Jeep looks a whole lot better!
Thanks! Small world lol
Unread 05-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #58
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Alright guys. Been driving it quite a bit. Transmission is put back together, cleaned up, painted, reinstalled, new u-joints in the front shaft, swampers got mounted on the new wheels, and thrown on the jeep.

Unread 05-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #59
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeled it a little today. Got stuck on a log in an old creek bed and had to use the winch for an easy self recovery

Unread 06-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #60
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got a phone call at about 4:30 a.m from a friend stuck in his new jk. At about 6:30 a.m i loaded up the jeep to go help him out. Got to where he was at, and found out he left out a few details on the phone. I didnt answer the phone when he called because i was asleep. Since i didnt answer he called his friend with a 2013 cummins to pull him out. Well, i got to play the recovery game with both of them. Talk about a PITA lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.