95 YJ Budget Build- - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 95 YJ Budget Build-

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #46
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finished my trans mount and raised the drivetrain allllllll the way up to get it flat with the frame. had to cut a small section of the tub reinforcement that hit the t case, enlarge the shifter hole up top, and beat the section near the end of the tranny hump to clear the driveshaft. I did a quick fix on the exhaust because i wanted to drive it today. i am going to re route it under the oilpan and around so i can do the skid and incorporate a skid over the oilpan.

Norcal_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tcase started doing this stupid loud whirring/whining noise. Sounds like the planetaries are spinning around. Hopefully a fresh fluid change will stop it because it is really really loud on the freeway.
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #48
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Recently sold my geared axles for ease of swapping the 8.8 in. got the 4.10 geared d30 in and the 8.8 in.

So front is all buttoned up. I just need to re-adjust my draglink and rotate the clamp for the tierod. It hits the springs at full droop. Lame. the stock perches were a lot taller wich i thought was stupid.... apparently this was for clearance on the springs lol.

Oh and figured out my driveshaft uses 1330 joints. So i can just get the plain explorer adapter flange. Kinda cool i got some extra beef. And my pinion is too high in these pics. I kinda just guessed and tacked the perches on when i set it in there and well i went a tad too high.

Oh and another note... My new phone takes awesome pictures.

Unread 12-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #49
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Also forgot to update i sold my 33s, and bought 5 35x12.5x15 Super swamper SSRS for 350bucks with rims. spare is pretty much brand new as well. Put those on and jeep looks mucho better.

And been really busy with my dad on the Hayabusa sandrail. We are taking it on its maiden voyage on new years day to sand mountain. Fab is finally all done and now we just need to re assemble. I finished all the wiring tonight and we got all the parts painted.

Wiring was a pain....
Unread 12-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #50
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris View Post

So front is all buttoned up. I just need to re-adjust my draglink and rotate the clamp for the tierod. It hits the springs at full droop. Lame. the stock perches were a lot taller wich i thought was stupid.... apparently this was for clearance on the springs lol.
I had the same problem when I swapped in a different Dana 30 with my homemade low profile spring perches. I had to do a tie rod flip to keep it out of the springs.
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #51
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris
Got the other side almost done. Got some paint on the first one and have it mounted for good.

Sure beats paying 499 for these that i copied the idea from
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=RCG5303
Those look awesome! Did you have to cut any sheet metal out of the rockers to make those work? Do they tie into the body mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #52
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Those look awesome! Did you have to cut any sheet metal out of the rockers to make those work? Do they tie into the body mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Well my drivers side pinch seam was all folded under and bent from rocks already. I just had to take a deadblow mallet and bend the entire pinch seam back the same angle as the rocker and it squeezed in there. I made some backing plates for the bolts with the middle 3 tied together, and made a floor plate that attaches to the bottom of the rock sliders. No ties to the body mount and no movement from them either. And i frequently hit them hard.
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #53
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Redrilled my rear spring perches about 2 inches back for a quick and dirty rear stretch. I have a pair of xj springs that are going under it here soon.

Cut the fenders up just kinda wingin it and it came out perfect.

made a quick prairie city run after work...

one of my fav spots got modified a touch. It is now redicuhard.

Oh and pay no attention to the shocks that are dangling. They have no lower mounts :haha:

Unread 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Went to the super secret spot.

The rain washed out a bunch and made the hard spots harder.

Teetered reallllll bad in this spot. I had my buddy holding a strap or I would have went over.

and after. Was able to back out of it.

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #55
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Been rollin around without a skid.

Finally got around to building one. Its 3/16 with 1x1 1/8 wall angle iron. I used some 3/16 flatbar for small spacers to make up for the factory nutserts sticking down below the frame and to give a little more room around the tranny crossmember bolts. Should be pretty stout.

Unread 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #56
khwrx
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice build man . Subbed !
khwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #57
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khwrx View Post
Nice build man . Subbed !
Thanks!

Skid is in and done

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #58
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Took the buggy, quad and the jeep out a few days ago First real test of the sandrail. And well it was about 10-15minutes of anus clentching and white knuckled hell raising. Broke both axleshafts. They were beveled and welded over about a week and a half short spurts at a time but it was just too much. We need to step it up to somethin bigger anyways. For now it looks like we might be sleeving the whole shaft and plug welding it in about 10 spots, lowering the throttle stop from 3/4 to 1/2 or so and test the rest of it that way.

Just got a few pics. I didnt have the rollcage mount for the gopro done in time, and the buggy didnt last long enough to rig something up :haha: This thing is so stupid fast it is not even funny

Here is some random gopro footage on the quad running around in the back part near the river.
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #59
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
1ABrian
1997 ZJ 

sweet build man. Diggn the video's. Pretty cool
SHOP HERE: Jeep Parts
1ABrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.