95 YJ Budget Build- - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 95 YJ Budget Build-

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #181
khwrx
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Really now, that's cool .

khwrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #182
RustyYJ87
1991 YJ Wrangler 

nice yj is that Spartan locker still working great. would you recommend it for my yj? thanks
RustyYJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #183
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyYJ87 View Post
nice yj is that Spartan locker still working great. would you recommend it for my yj? thanks
I sold the spartan with my dana30. It was an awesome locker. I like it a ton more than the lockright i have in my axle currently, wich sucks. I would Highly reccomend it. cant beat the price either. Best I found was from baseline4x4.
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #184
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris
I sold the spartan with my dana30. It was an awesome locker. I like it a ton more than the lockright i have in my axle currently, wich sucks. I would Highly reccomend it. cant beat the price either. Best I found was from baseline4x4.
Whys the spartan better? I have a lockrite and it's treated me very well. No argument about it, I'm curious why when they're essentially the same thing. I've never ran the spartan so I'm just inquiring about your basis for judgements. I got my lockrite for $239 off an eBay vendor

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #185
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Whys the spartan better? I have a lockrite and it's treated me very well. No argument about it, I'm curious why when they're essentially the same thing. I've never ran the spartan so I'm just inquiring about your basis for judgements. I got my lockrite for $239 off an eBay vendor
My experience hasnt been good with them. As well as two others with them. Seems they are more prone to wear and the ratcheting teeth wearing than others. Around here I hear people call em lockwrongs. Mine is only a year old and I had to weld one side together because the teeth were totally rounded off. Now it is a half a lockright. It is starting to wear the backside of the teeth and doesnt work well now in reverse. I will be replacing it with a spartan.

Other one was same issue in back of a toyota. Other one was in the front on a d60. (maybe we are just hard on em... I dunno)
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #186
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

tow rig

Unread 12-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #187
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris View Post
tow rig
I use mine all the time to tow my bike too.
I sure miss dirt bike season here my bikes been sitting with stabil in it since November
Unread 12-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #188
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
I use mine all the time to tow my bike too.
I sure miss dirt bike season here my bikes been sitting with stabil in it since November
I figure I will get 2 more rides before it is too wet to ride. Actually taking a trip out to the dunes new years day. Its gonna be super cold but should be fun
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #189
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Digging the YTJ you got going on man. Just found this build and gonna start following.
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #190
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Digging the YTJ you got going on man. Just found this build and gonna start following.
Ytj I like that.

Made some new spring clamps for my rear leafs. I seem to demolish the clamp on type every trip.

I took some 1 1/2 x1/4in thick strap and cut me into 4in pieces with 2 3/8 holes drilled in them. That way I can run 3/8 bolts through them to clamp them together. Should last, but we will see
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #191
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got rid of the "Wing" fenders I had. When i had 33s they slightly covered the tires, after the tj grill swap I never really re attached them non ghetto. So i decided to cut them down into a half fender basically. And I sturdily attached them.

Unread 01-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #192
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great man. I envy your rig.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #193
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Why not go full case?
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #194
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Why not go full case?

I don't wanna spend that kind of money on this axle. Be it the locker, install kit, gear setup. Wouldnt want to stay with current ratio so that's another cost.

I'm going with cheap as possible while I wait for a d60
Unread 01-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #195
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris View Post
So It is in. I had to lift it up, check clearance, drop it , lift check things, drop it, change clocking, lift, drop, change clocking about 5 or 6 times to get it were i want it. That was fun.

But using the come along made it worlds easier. I just need to drop it agian, pull it apart and get the metal shavings off of it. Seal and bolt up the adapter for the last time, block of a breather on the d300, fill them with fluid and put them back in. Then figure out what I am going to do about the giant hole in my floor with a transfer case poking through it. :haha:

Kept it flat !

Chris, did you ever patch in your tunnel? I couldn't find any pictures of it. Any other thoughts on cutting and patching the tunnel to fit a larger transfer case? I'll be doing that this weekend (squeezing in a 4:1 TJ Rubicon Tcase), and would appreciate any hints/thoughts.

Thanks, Stan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.