Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

94xj highschool build

2K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  yeti92 
#1 ·
so it all started when my friend asked me to go fourwheeling with him one day and ive been hooked ever since so once it was time to get my license i started looking for a jeep i ended up finding a 94 with 138,000 miles on it in mechanicaly good condition but the paint is pealing and whatnot on the hood and roof there is no rust other than the floor but for 1100 bucks i couldnt resist.

so the plan is
rc6.5in x series lift
drop brackets
33x12.5 tires
cowl intake
stinger front bumper tieds into the frame and proper recovery points
rear bumper
roofrack
lighting

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
first thing i had to take care of was music so i put a kick solo barick 12in l5 powered with a kenwood 800-1000 wat amp idk i got a good deal on it from a friend who has no idea about that stuff, and 2 6x9s holy **** does the sub hit. the 6x9s are now in a sound bar and now have a sony cdx headunit

Attachments

#11 ·
it depend on where you live but most states just require mirrors, so get good with body work remove the factory mirrors and mount up so junkyard ones to the fender so they cant do anything if thats the case, but in ohio the law is you only have to have one mirror(rear view mirror) and if the doodrs are off you have to bee buckled in

#14 ·
yeah, i grew up in pa and wanted to go doorless with my first xj. looked up the auto laws and basically no part of the vehicle can come off unless intended by the factory (i.e. t-tops and wrangler doors) i forget exactly how it was worded, but that's the gist.

#20 ·
That yellow jeep said "Let there be flex." And there was flex.

#23 ·
heres an update on the jeep i went to paragon the other day it was amazing and loved it there but i took in water and destroyed my carpet so now its time to do the floor and bedline the inside and i was at the junkyard the other day and came across a cherokee with a ford 8.8 in it so i took her home with me i have yet to crack it open and see whats inside ill have picks up in a couple days

#24 ·
the jeep has been torn apart for about a week and the floor is completely out and im just preping it for paint and the new pans to go in heres some pics of paragon

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.