94 YJ wth Olds Rocket 350 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 94 YJ wth Olds Rocket 350 swap

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
bigredyj

I'm entering the journey not many have gone down. This will be my official build thread for my 1994 Jeep YJ 2.5l to 1975 Oldsmobile Rocket 350 swap. image-3133929777.jpg

This is what I have.....1994 jeep Yj. Remanufactured 2.5l with 30,000 miles on it. Rebuild ax5 with rebuild dana 35.
Putting in: 1975 Oldsmobile Omega Rocket 350, th350, np231, dana44 rear4.88 detroit locker, dana30 front 4.88 lunchbox locker.

Engine is currently away get it g disassembled and cleaned.....more to come

bigredyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

that sounds cool

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90-yj-frame-swap-build-up-1434246/
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
daddyjeep87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds familiar. Here is another guy considering the same swap.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/ol...et-451041.html
daddyjeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
bigredyj

Getting going now now, Got the engine pulled out, headers and trans adapt have arrived. will update with pics later. Im working on trying to figure out the fuel delivery options along with wiring options. I have all new gauges and tachometer and want to wire everything up the right way and not butcher wires or remove anything i mighjt need later if I decide to do a fuel injections swap....ANY thoughts or suggestions?
bigredyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredyj
Getting going now now, Got the engine pulled out, headers and trans adapt have arrived. will update with pics later. Im working on trying to figure out the fuel delivery options along with wiring options. I have all new gauges and tachometer and want to wire everything up the right way and not butcher wires or remove anything i mighjt need later if I decide to do a fuel injections swap....ANY thoughts or suggestions?
You may want to confirm w/an engine shop but, I thought American engines before 1980, burned leaded gas.
If you want to run pump gas, without adding lead additives, you would have to swap out cylinder heads.
Good luck. My dad has a 1972 Oldsmobile and a 1978 dodge van, that he's promised me. Lolz
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.