94 YJ College Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 94 YJ College Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
kirbatron
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 YJ College Build

Hello all! I've had my Jeep for a year, bone stock. New to Jeepin and auto's in general, So if I have retarded or dumb questions, forgive me. Suggestions and tips welcomed. Thanks for advice and apologies in advance. Cheers! -Kirb

Scratch:

Painted Rim(s):

Stock Rims, lookin to shake things up a bit and start modding on a lower budget.

Original

Tested the back wheel to see how it would look, turned out sick.

Got some foam paint stripper, let sit for 15 minutes. First time using the stuff, so I was a little confused when it was all bubbled up. Turns out thats the clear coat.

So round 2, got it all cleared up and dry, masked the tire with playing cards, a tip I found on another thread, and proceeded. (The cards had a hard time staying in, so I think I'm going to mask with painter's tape for the other 4.)
Cards

Primer (2 coats)

Finish (flat black, 3 Coats)

I didn't do clear because I figured if it gets scratched it'd be easier to touch up and look better. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks pretty good.

So it turned out pretty good I think! Tomorrow I'll hit the other 4 and post pics of how it looks all done.

Future work:
Full body rustoleum rattle can paint job, the guy I bought it from left it outside since he bought it, lots of clearcoat deterioration.

I also need a new windshield frame before I paint. It's pretty rusted and bubbled underneath the actual frame portion.

Thanks for lookin! -Kirb

kirbatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.