Fabbing up the rear frame rails....no straight cuts...the hardest part is that they dont sell 4x2 1/12 tubing so I had to fit 4x2 tubing to it. I actually slid the new frame rail inside the old one, you can see on the new piece the top and bottom are cut off so the slide in.
For the rear crossmember I decided to use 3/16 4' channel....I ended up cutting the extra off and making it flush with the frame. Checking to make sure the gas tank still fits....I also moved that up about 1".
Here you can see we put some extra brackets to strengthen were the old frame and the new frame connect. Also you can see were we took a 2"x1/8"x5ft. I would have plated the side but this seemed to be the easiest and still add a ton of strength. Finally my bro in law Michael...he is master at the grinder. LOL
Here is were the fun starts! This is when I decided on the stretch....I kinda copied the bluetorch fab kit. I put holes in the side to give more suface to weld to. I also took the 2" strap and boxed it in and continued a couple inches on the bottom of the frame.