94 YJ Build (SBC) (SOA) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 94 YJ Build (SBC) (SOA)

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 YJ Build (SBC) (SOA)

Hey All I am in the process of building my Wrangler to my linking. I have had it sense the spring of 2010 after rolling my 98 grand Cherokee 5.9.. Im not going to type much cuz I know you dont wanna read you just want pics! What I want out of my jeep...

Power!
Lift!
articulation!

That to much to ask??? We'll see

yjJEEPyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bought It for 1800$ from Madison Wisconsin. Doors wouldn't open tranny skid bolts were broken off the entire driver side, Missing one motor mount. It almost hit the hood when you hit the gas.. Yea..

Drove it all the way home 4 hours and the linkage Broke as I pulled it into my dad's shop.. And just to clear something up.. If i knew then what i knew now i wouldn't of done anything other then trailered that thing home.. It really wasn't road safe.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Fixed the motor mounts.. doors and tranny mounts. Drove it around like that for a month or to..

Why are my feet always cold and wet? Oh i see! there's no metal under the carpet!

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

fenders were rusted to crap so I cut them and put tubing on only to quickly realize they looked terrible so i re did them in diamond plate

Did i mention I had no money to do any worthwhile mods at this point??

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy standing on my jeep for a pic. as you can see.. zero Articulation

the start to my diffrent fenders. And a cheep harbor freight wench.. Never again! I broke two of them in one year

painted my hardtop black. Threw my wheels from my cherokee on to see how they would look

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sanded the sun faded red paint down and put on a new coat of single stage paint that i can scratch all i want on account of having a ton of extra..

Orderd some simulated beadlock black rock wheels Cuz i thought they lookd sweet at the time And painted the "beedlock" protion chevy red

You know how evry teenager has a Awkward stage? Well that is were my jeep was around this time... Of course I thought it looked fantastic lol

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bought some 35x12.50x15 Cooper Stt's I really cant complain on these tire.. I really do Love them. They clean out great and are amazing on road..
Yea I put them on my jeep with no lift.. Then I begged my mom for 500$ and told her I would pay her back next week when i got my check cuz my tires wouldnt move withought ripping apart my tub

Bought a RC 4" lift. Actully got about 5 out of it becuse of my broken/sagging springs. Got a little bit more of Articulation

Did some fender triming
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Two of my good freinds and... That other person that annoys the Sh*t out of evryone

My dad refused to ride in my jeep when I first got it.. I think he was embarrassed to be in it! He had no problem getting in the passenger seat when i got it cleaned up nd nice
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Letting my bro drive for a bit He used to have a pretty nice TJ but he sold it when He got married Because it wasnt a 'family' vehicle and he bought a ZX14.. What the heck is pratical about that?

getting ready to go boating with some of the dorks that i call friends (not all of them)

Auto tranny Sprung a leak.. Never did get it fixed all the way. Stupid thing Was a turd. Kinda the main reason I eventully did a th350

Ripped out the carpet becuse I enjoy mudding with the sun roof open

new ball joints

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

On it's way to the tranny shop.. AGAIN! like i said.. Turd

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bought a stinger, Classic rear bumper with tire carrier, full size spare. Bye bye graduation money.. I think that evryone wanted me to spend it on my jeep and not to further my education :0 Gotta love student loans

armadillo door straps

This Is my 2nd Harbor freight wench.. IT lasted about 3 months

Jeep in my dads shop. My blue ZX-6R my brothers white zx14
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #12
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

rotted fuel lines like to leak

Rotten rear crossmembers dont like 35" tires on the tire carrier

welded in some temp fixes (re did them later )
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

MAde some little rockergaurds just some metal from my local shop.. Was board and wanted a little more protection

attempted at some rear fenders even painted them up but threw them into the junk metal bin cuz i thought they looked stupid and decided to roll fenderless for now

Broke my door handel

Bought a 8.8 Becuse I new my D35 dont like 35"s Got it at a junk yard for 225$ It's got 4.10's LDS i really like 4.10's had them in my cherokee And It's still my DD so I didnt want to get to low of gears

Took off all the Mounts becuse I was getting it ready for SOA

Flush mount LED's

Broke almost all of my body mount bolts off so ended up cutting threw my bed to get to the top and heated most of them and they eventully came out

little bit of the crossmember under the drivers seat was crap so I cut some metal and welded Some acton in there I wouldnt of done It if I didnt plan on keeping this jeep for a long time

My welds arnt super pretty But im still learning My dad has been my teacher so far. I use a Miller 225

Front body mount.. mount was rusted. welded in some new metal
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

welded the tub peaces back in

new passenger section

went boating for the weeknd

My other car (that I have now sold to pay for my sbc swap)

My old cherokee I rolled

here is the roll damege

My 07 F1000 biggest peace of garbage ever So many problem's Sold that peace after one winter (sold it to my mom)

MY garage 09 Phazer GT 07 f1000 05 crf 450 04 250

Ok sorry back to jeep stuff!

Bought some more random parts for my future SOA
Crown lines SOA And bought a raptor bed liner kit
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
yjJEEPyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I wanted to get all the rust from my tub before I sprayed in bed liner so I cut all of it out and welded/silicone new steel

bed liner prep

sand blasted the entire tub

I was very happy how It turned out IT has only worn off in one spot but It was my fault becuse I didnt clean one of the peaces of metal I welded in and it still had some oil on it so the bed liner didnt stick

a stock YJ i found sitting all alone and my cousins TJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.