Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

94 yj 6.0 build "SPUD"

79K views 376 replies 52 participants last post by  bigredjeep1 
#1 ·
94 yj 6.0 v8, stretched and linked build "SPUD"

So im starting this thread a little late but i figure better late than never, i bought my 1994 wrangler last 2 years ago around new years and i knew nothing about jeeps, i got a 4 cyl, which to my disappointment didn't do very well on the highway. So after a few blown transmissions and an engine or two my dad and i decided to undertake a complete "do over" of the wrangler

Attachments

See less See more
#359 ·
Thanks, it's a great father son project. You'll learn a lot

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#361 ·
I actually plan to get the Ps louvers. I'm just broke and have bad priorities haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#364 ·
there haha. i really hardly post anymore unless someone has a question, i should really try harder to keep it updated

#366 ·
thanks, i havent really touched the jeep lately. just bought a silverado so thats been hogging my time... and gas money

#368 ·
Check, check…. (Does this thing work ;)) You alive man!? haven't heard much from you or your build.
Anything new? Hows the new truck?
x2

I read through your build again to get some specs on your 4 link. I see you used all Artec brackets, did you ever change it to single triangulated?

#369 ·
hey guys ive kinda fallen off the face of the earth for awhile.

yes i used artec brackets and i'm like a double/single triangulated hybrid. full lower triangulation gave me some bad rear bump steer at highway so i straightened em out till it drove nice. so they are still triangulated a little but not near as much as they were.

#371 ·
Interesting, I may have to fab up something similar. Mine has gotten bad enough where I've had to adjust my links to correct pinion angle

#372 ·
long time no post, status update

Well, I sold my Yj a little over a year ago and got into the SxS scene. Found out that is pretty boring and I liked driving a jeep around so I figured I'd come back on the forum since I'm planning on starting another jeep build when i find one i like.

btw here is my old yj as it sits. the guy I sold it to ended up starting it on fire because he was changing out the fuel pump and fabricating some brackets for the tank at the same time. he offered to sell it back to me for half of what i sold it to him for lol.

Attachments

#374 ·
Thanks man, Good to see a familiar face around here. The guy is still trying to sell it on craigslist for 3200...

#376 ·
well... lesson learned if you can't handle someone destroying your work, don't sell your jeep.

just read through both of your guys's build threads to kinda update on what you guys are doing. Jeeps look awesome, much cleaner built than mine ever was. I plan to do the next jeep right and clean. Mine was a cluster **** to drive on the road most of the time and I'd like to build a good driver and wheeler haha.

#377 ·
https://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/d/94-jeep-yj-with-04-60l-350-hp/6453305571.html
I bought the YJ from the person who bought it from you Ripper. Yeah it sucks it wasn't running when I bought it and I replaced the fuel pump in the fuel cell but it leaked. Only had a month or so driving it to work on occasion and around on the country roads by me. Was alot of fun! I replaced the bushings in the front 3.5" bds leaf springs & got rid of the deathwobble with boomerang shackles with a middle bolt. This was a mistress YJ as I didnt tell my wife I bought it and she hated it & I wasn't thinking and didn't take needed precautions & caught the fuel cell on fire. Pushed it out of my garage before it took it and my house down in the fire. I will either sell it for $3200 firm or rebuild it...but I have a LS 6.0L 1 ton YJ on 40s, 15' JKU on 35s and 3 young kids and a wife so not alot of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.