Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

94 yj 6.0 build "SPUD"

79K views 376 replies 52 participants last post by  bigredjeep1 
#1 ·
94 yj 6.0 v8, stretched and linked build "SPUD"

So im starting this thread a little late but i figure better late than never, i bought my 1994 wrangler last 2 years ago around new years and i knew nothing about jeeps, i got a 4 cyl, which to my disappointment didn't do very well on the highway. So after a few blown transmissions and an engine or two my dad and i decided to undertake a complete "do over" of the wrangler

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
after a few times out mudding

Attachments

#3 ·
i try to clean as hard as i wheel, and if you noticed the tiny atv winch is gone

Attachments

#4 ·
new 12,000lb winch

Attachments

#5 ·
and now the build can start,
taking apart of the old and painting up the frame

Attachments

#6 ·
engine mounts from novak :p

Attachments

#7 ·
new "to me" 6.0l vortec vs old 2.5l I4

Attachments

#8 ·
engine mounts welded in and engine bolted down

Attachments

#9 ·
and im not sure how to shrink that picture if anyone wants to let me know thatd be great lol

#10 ·
so i let this die and i figured id bring it back if anything just so i have something to look at
got the metalcloaks on

#11 ·
i cant find any pics of the axles when i put them in but they are out of a wagoneer, and the tires are 37x12.5 trxxus m/ts

#12 ·
This is how it sits now
Just payin with hdr

Attachments

#13 ·
Some pre-exhaust fun

#15 ·
Prryan45 said:
Them some big ole tires.
Thanks lol, originally I was gonna stick with my 33s but I figured with the 6.0 I could splurge for a more agressive set

#16 ·
i trailered the yj out to plainfield to last chance auto to get the heads checked and the exhaust system made on Saturday, i should be getting it back tomorrow or the next day. ill be sure to upload some videos/sound clips. i have a few more things i have to do before i drive it,
secure the shocks
bleed the brakes
check the master cylinder
clean up some wiring.

then i should be good to go, i cant hammer on the gas too much yet though with the stock/dying skid plate, im working on a plan to make a new crossmember for the time being untill i can get a full skid put together

#17 ·
btw to anyone reading this im open to designs and suggestions for a crossmember, my trans lines up almost perfectly with the back 2 holes on the stock skid

#19 ·
#20 ·
The new beef :)

Attachments

#21 ·
And speaking of beef...

Attachments

#22 ·
so i received some good news today, i was having cooling problems for awhile there and we accidently let the engine get to 300+ degrees F. So we were worried about the possibility of warped heads or other damage, but got a call today telling me that everything was fine. so that pretty much made my day lol

#23 ·
Filled the chevy with jeep parts

And cleaned up the garage a bit

Sent from my DroidX because I should be doing something else

#25 ·
lol if i did itd only be in engine, i still got open diffs and 3.31 gears. your jeeps is still sick as hell dude :drool:

#27 ·
my original skid? its pretty nasty. the holes that bolt to the frame are rusted out and its cut along the front support to fit my trans pan for right now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.