93' YJ -4.3L. V6 700R4 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 93' YJ -4.3L. V6 700R4 Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
K9Tamer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

93' YJ -4.3L. V6 700R4 Build

To start off let me say that this is my 7th Jeep. I got the Jeep from my dad a few years ago in a trade for a CJ-7. Other than a 4 1/2" lift it was bone stock with a factory soft top. The past few years I have taken really good care of it and babied the 2.5L. Cyl. About a month ago (at 164,000ish MI) I came out to start it up after driving it the day before with no issues to find a pretty severe misfire. After all of the normal troubleshooting I found that my number 2 cylinder had almost no compression. This became the deciding factor in my journey to swapping in a 4.3L. V6. I have been wanting to do this for a long time but couldn't justify it until the 4cyl went. I talked to the wife and she gave me the thumbs up so here we go.

Here's what we're working with

When I first got it

After Aussie Dana 30 locker, new tires, new soft top, boomerang shackles, poison spyder front stinger, Rough Country winch and a few misc. interior upgrades.

Now with added factory hardtop and full doors.

Time to get dirty. I did some research and came across a deal on an 90' S10 Blazer that I couldn't refuse. I gutted the Blazer to get the necessary misc. parts and cores to start the build.

4.3 V6 TBI

700r4/Np231(700r4 is burnt up unfortunately)

My plan is to to buy a re-manufactured long block for the build after I get all or most of the other parts together and cleaned up. I have spent countless hours researching and started coming up with a detailed list of parts, part numbers, prices and sources to get the ball rolling with this build. I know that these swaps tend to nickle and dime you so I have been trying to be very thorough in my planning.

As for now I am leaning towards a carbed setup. I was thinking Edelbrock performer 600CFM carb and Performer intake manifold. I will keep all of the TBI parts in case I ever change my mind, but I have heard and read great things about this setup and to be completely honest the wiring (even with a painless harness in the budget) terrifies me. More to come...

K9Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
K9Tamer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got some time the last few days to start breaking down the donor engine and start cleaning up the parts I plan on keeping.
K9Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.