92 YJ Turtle Project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 YJ Turtle Project

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

92 YJ Turtle Project

1992 YJ, 2.5L, 5spd.

picked it up with a 6" lift, on 33x12.5" BFG's wrapped around 15x10" black rocks, rock sliders/steps, couple other small mods besides the most noticeable which is Sublime green paint job.

since i bought it ive replaced the stock flares with 6" xenon flat flares, bed lined the rockers, swapped out gauge lights to green LED's, 20gallon fuel tank mod, GM fuel filler hose mod. plan on replacing the driver floor pan, bed line the interior, stinger front bumper, rear tire carrier bumper, frameless soft top, upgrade sound bar speakers, led tails, black diamond plate rockers and 1/4 armor.

and as of today...... a 4.0L engine and tranny out of a 93 YJ kind of fell into my lap. my buddy's jeep was totaled while parked in front of his house. he bought the jeep back so his loss my gain...

ok well just starting this up, nothings even done yet and its going to be a slow build. i have all the time i need to get everything set up in my garage before its time to swap. im going to do some research but any advice would be great. i'll get the engine, tranny, computer and all accessories needed from his jeep. what else needs to be done to make this work?

a couple pics

lots more to come

SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Green LED gauges

picked up a fitted cover for it since it will be sitting for a month while im working in the caribbean.

also picked up some new offroad LED lights, a 20" bar and 2- 3" cubes. im gonna try and wire them up before i leave.

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Wetjeep

Looks great. Idk if I would put the LED's on the hood. I would think it would have to much glare but what do I know.
Wetjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetjeep View Post
Looks great. Idk if I would put the LED's on the hood. I would think it would have to much glare but what do I know.
there are mounting brackets that raise it as well as im either going to have spacers made or another bracket to raise it up more. alot of people mount the bars to their hood. before i drill i will definitely see about glare. thats a good point to bring up. thanks
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Wetjeep

Oh ok cool. I'll have to see what it looks like when u get it done.
Wetjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Made my switch panel which took way longer than it should have. Didn't get much done. It was too windy out, couldnt even open the hood.

Unread 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing ever goes right for me. I left the grommets at home so never did the lights. Not to mention my Electrician father had no electrical tape or crimpers in his tool box, I left all that home in my tool box. So all I got done was swapping the sound bars. This required me to unbolt the hard top, use my head to lift the hard top whole getting the sound bar in place. Wired it up temporarily with duct tape since I didn't have electrical tape and I can't go 5 mins without music. Also got my new switch plate bolted up. I really hope to get the lights done next week before I leave. Then went down to a new spot I found for pics
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Lights all mounted, just gotta wire them up tomorrow.

image-4085063835.jpg

image-2653036897.jpg

image-2271429363.jpg
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
craniumboy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Stopped by to say: I'm paint my jeep a similar green soon. I love the color of your YJ.
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #10
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniumboy
Stopped by to say: I'm paint my jeep a similar green soon. I love the color of your YJ.
Oh man... I like being one of the few YJs in this color. Welcome to the limited club. Pm me a pic when it's done
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
craniumboy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferJ

Oh man... I like being one of the few YJs in this color. Welcome to the limited club. Pm me a pic when it's done
That's the reason I plan to paint mine such an odd shade of green but, I may go with the "gecko green" color that the 2012 jeeps are rocking
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
MG_salsa
2008 JK Wrangler 

nice color!
MG_salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:28 AM   #13
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG_salsa
nice color!
Thank you!
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

picking up a Stinger Front bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier tonight or tomorrow. used but in mint condition locally. motor blew so hes parting out
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got the front bumper on I'll probably do the rear tomorrow

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.