92 Yj bulid prep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 Yj bulid prep

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAwesome savings at openboxoffroad.com

Unread 03-03-2015, 03:04 AM   #1
theend2008

92 Yj bulid prep

Hello! New to the Jeep threads been reading around alot and seeing a ton of beastly Jeeps. Hoping to get mine there this year. I bought a 92 YJ 4.0 Inline 6 needing a little TLC. As of now I've done little work on it do to the sub-zero weather Michigan has been having lately. So since its in the mid 30's for most of this week kinda reminded me that it's going to get warm sooner or later and that when that time comes I need to be ready.
I'm looking for cheaper alternatives for my YJ as well as a little guidance. This is my first Jeep don't know to much anout them other then what a book tells me. I'mnot planning on doing nothing to crazy as I want her for a everyday driver but I love to do a little off roading every once in a while.
I'm on the hunt for some items. Depending on which ones I'm able to find will make the difference in what I do with her.
Here's a list of what i need and can think of.

Pair of full steel doors no rust please.
Radiator with steel tanks.
Windshield no rust.

I bought this from a friend who took really good care of it. I have a couple issues that I'm stumped on.

My 4high doesn't work.
My radiator leaks in a couple spots.
My idler pulley keeps squeaking even after replacing it.

Anything and everything will help

-Adam

theend2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
MickXJ

Welcome, Adam!
MickXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome
Doors are expensive and rare, no aftermarket full ones avail. You can find most other things available aftermarket.
Be sure before you start into it to deep that you go over the frame look for rot. And pull up the carpet and have a peak :|
As for your issues, belt to tight?, 4wd check the vacuum line to the actuator. For many other things this forum has alot of info buried

Last edited by IRQ; 03-03-2015 at 10:50 PM..
IRQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 12:10 AM   #4
theend2008

Thank you guys!

The original owner pulled the carpet as soon as he bought it, thank god. The fame is in amazing shape no rust holes. You can see a little bit of surface rust that I'll be fixing when it hits 60 degrees or higher. The only rust spot I can find is on the windshield. The Jeep came up from down south And stayed in a barn for two years or so. As for the pully I believe it has the right amount of tension on it. It has some give but not to much ill get the measurements of the give on the belt soon.

Heres a pic of her. Not nothing special yet
image_1425535744100.jpg   image_1425535820841.jpg  
theend2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.