92 yj build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #76
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I will have to raise the jeep a lot higher to get the wheels back on. I sure wish i had a lift. Maybe some bigger logs. I was a little afraid of using the rounds but its way more sturdy than jack stands.

92jeep-d30.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

Last edited by bigsquat; 10-24-2008 at 09:05 PM..
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #77
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics of the muffler swop and shock location
92jeep-muffler-006.jpg   92jeep-muffler-007.jpg   92jeep-muffler-008.jpg   92jeep-muffler-009.jpg   92jeep-muffler-011.jpg  

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #78
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice going! You're really getting a LOT of work done.

I wish I could get myself motivated to get some of my ideas in action.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #79
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Max, tommoro the wheels go on and i can get the rear driveline cut down. I checked the front driveline and it wont require any modes , or to the skid plate. I thought for sure I was going to have to cut a notch in the skid .
Unread 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #80
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I got the rear and front brakes on, steering stabilizer, drag link, rear brake lines,front shocks,tires,oil in the diffs, transfercase,and more. I put the jeep on the ground for the first time and the hight is exactly what i was after. Now i can get the rear driveline measured. I left the front off because i noticed one of the u-joints was a little tight.I really want to drive it to see if the home made perch extenions will work out, or will i go into a death wobble and die a firey death!the to do list is getting shorter, finish posi-loc,hand throttle,rear driveline, install hard top, paint right front fender and one hard door,high lift jack mount, cut down front bumper, and add some tow hooks.If i had the money i would by front and rear bumpers ,winch, and a rubicon rack but the budjet is at its limit.
92jeep-tires-006.jpg   92jeep-tires-008.jpg   92jeep-tires-012.jpg   92jeep-tires-007.jpg  

Last edited by bigsquat; 11-01-2008 at 04:37 PM..
Unread 10-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #81
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I want to build some rock sliders and want to get ride of those little flair extensions. besides getting tj style flairs is there a way to trim the front fender to look good with out that little extension.
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #82
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

why is one tire an inch taller. there on the same width rim and the have exactly this same # on the side
92jeep-tires-005.jpg  
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #83
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

one tire is more worn than the other, different manufacturers... there are lots of possibilities. looks pretty good, good job making upgrades on budget, not all of us have a lot of cash laying around.

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #84
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

diff manufacturers, but both are new, i just thought that a tire with the same #s on the side should be the same size
Unread 10-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #85
makaioM3
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
diff manufacturers, but both are new, i just thought that a tire with the same #s on the side should be the same size

They should be, but unfortunatley they almost never are the same. I've had problems before switching tire manufactures on a vehicle where the fit was already at the max. One manufactures tires would fit fine, and anothers would rub like crazy, to the point of cutting the sidewall.

I try to research a tires true size by looking at the manufactures website for the measured true size before purchase now.

Great build and write up BTW.
Unread 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #86
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

today i took the rear driveline to the shop to get it shortend. $60. I here u guys get it done for $35 back east, cost of living thing i guess. I finished the posi-lock and cant wait try it. it still needs the vac lines pluged or removed and heat shrink done on the cable entrance to the posi-loc.
92-jeep-posi-loc-002.jpg   92-jeep-posi-loc-003.jpg   92-jeep-posi-loc-004.jpg   92-jeep-posi-loc-005.jpg  
Unread 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #87
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I set the rear pinion angle today. I was told to point the rear yoke str8 at the transfercase yoke and then down 1 degree for axle wrap up. This sounds easy but at first i didnt know how to get it exactly. So i took a string and taped it to the center line of both yokes. Note that the yokes must be perfectly level. and the jeep sitting on the ground at ride height. Once i got it perfect with the square i put an angle finder on the rear yoke and then moved it down 1 degree. then i tightened the u bolts and welded the perches. the cv shaft will run at 17 degrees witch is a lot less than i thought it would be. 22 degrees would be the max for this stock cv joint.
92-jeep-driveshaft-angle-001.jpg   92-jeep-driveshaft-angle-003.jpg   92-jeep-driveshaft-angle-006.jpg  
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #88
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

after the perches it was time to do the lower shock mounts. I cut down the old mounts to get them up and away from the rocks. By raising them i had to angle them in to not have the shock bottom out .I have them in the farthest in position ,but i have two more outboard adjustments.
92-jeep-shocks-001.jpg   92-jeep-shocks-002.jpg   92-jeep-shocks-003.jpg  
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #89
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dude, your build rocks!

It's good that you're doing something with it daily. Building a Jeep is like pushing a Sherman tank, MOMENTUM IS EVERYTHING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #90
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Your right about that! Its been like a real job, except i like doing this one. I should be doing some fishing instead of laying under my jeep every day
collins-lake-4-2-08-007.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.