92 yj build - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #571
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

going to hook up the wireless winch controller from harbor freight. not bad for $20. i cut the plug off the badlands controller and found that it has 4 wires. the green with yellow stripe wire is 12volt +, the black = ground, blue = winch in, brown = winch out. pulled the cover of my winch and my wired controller uses 3 wires, 12 v +, which is black, red wire + in, and another red wire = out. i think ill mount the new wireless controller on the firewall and run 2 wires to my winch. brown to red wire for out and blue to the red wire for in. i can ground it at the fire wall and pick up a switched hot from my dash to keep it off and prevent accidental activation

wireless-winch-control.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #572
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

oh by the way the green short green wire sticking out of the controller is the antenna, i wonder if ill get a signal from under the hood. it says good for 50'
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #573
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hooked up the remote and it works great. i went ahead and added 4' of wire to the anenna and routed it around the engine bay. i havnt tested it for distance yet. i also installed 2 off roads lights on the front bumper. still need to hook up the switch in the cab but the wires are there. ups just dropped off the tera flex spacers so im i guess im ready to start getting the axles back in.
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #574
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's awesome about the remote controller. Let us know how it works when you really need it.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #575
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i only use it on other jeeps or yard work ! if its for me ill use the cable lol
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #576
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #577
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

got it all back together and made the rubicon trip. it was a great time and meet some new friends. camped at wentworh springs and did some day trips. rockworm and i got an early start on saturday and got to the little sluice in no time. swam in spyder lake and watched jeeps go thru the box. it seems to be filled in since last time i was there. no major breaks which was good.

Unread 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #578
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like an awesome time! Glad you got to hit the Rubicon.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #579
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Seems to have been a great trip. Sorry I wasn't able to make it.
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #580
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Man I love the Sierra's. The Rockies are nice also but they just don't compare to the Sierra's in my book. I wasn't really into wheelin' when I lived out there but one day I am definitely heading back out there and checking out those trails. Great build.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #581
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like an awesome time! Glad you got to hit the Rubicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Seems to have been a great trip. Sorry I wasn't able to make it.
try to make the hell hole trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
Man I love the Sierra's. The Rockies are nice also but they just don't compare to the Sierra's in my book. I wasn't really into wheelin' when I lived out there but one day I am definitely heading back out there and checking out those trails. Great build.
give us norcal guys a shout when your back and see if we can do a trip
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #582
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

we had a lot of jeeps on or trip and i was ahead of the group, but here is some of the action i missed at the soup bowl.
click on the pic for the video.

Unread 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #583
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

how do you like the 4.10's with the 35's? Looking good mine looks vary similar
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #584
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Bob's rig did great on the trail. Purdy much cruised thru the major hard spots with out a hitch. Only on the last big boulders in the box did we both get off the line a bit.

Hey, that black YJ is sure a nice looking rig.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #585
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
how do you like the 4.10's with the 35's? Looking good mine looks vary similar
the 4:10's or not the best on the street if theres a hill. on the trail there ok because of the 4-1 tc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.