92 yj build - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #526
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

oh yeah, i did get some better 35" tires . i moved up from $25 each to $50 each. lol. they have 95% of the tread left but they are so old they dont have date codes.

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #527
autumnxtoxsehsa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

awesome build, just read through it from the start. I wish i had half your skills and ingenuity to fab things up myself!
autumnxtoxsehsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #528
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnxtoxsehsa View Post
awesome build, just read through it from the start. I wish i had half your skills and ingenuity to fab things up myself!
hey thanks! i sometimes wish i could drive it to a shop and pay someone to do the work, but i cant imagine how much money i would have in my old heep.

as stated a few times in my build thread "im cheap and cheap makes you creative" sometimes my hairbrain ideas dont work but eventually i get it to work.

i see your close to placerville, theres a lot of jeep forum guys that do the trails up here. keep an eye on the norcal thread. :
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...l#post13707593 and another site:
http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #529
autumnxtoxsehsa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely looking forward to doing some trail runs with the locals around here, been signed up on norcal jeepers for a couple months and have met some really cool guys already, looking forward to seeing your rig around
autumnxtoxsehsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #530
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i decided to tackle the gas tank skid. what a ***** to get the tank down. ihad to cut off the tail pipe to drop it down. i also had to remove the bolts that hold the gas filler in. and theres a rollover check valve behing it that has to have the bolt removed as well. the other thing i did was unplug the vent lines at the tee.

since there was no reason to take the tank all the way out i didnt have to remove the filler hoses at the left side of the tank. i tried but they were to tight and would have to cut them off. the 2 strps that hold the tank to the skid snapped at the nut so ill have to fix those b4 i put it back up. i held the tank up with a ratchet strap while i pounded out the skid and welded some reinforcement angle iron to it. i also put 3 small pieces of flat bar from the angle iron to the flange on the skip to stiffen up the upright part
jeep-gas-tank-skid-001.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-003.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-006.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-009.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-013.jpg  

jeep-gas-tank-skid-015.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-016.jpg   jeep-gas-tank-skid-018.jpg  
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #531
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i couldnt get the straps on without dropping the tank all the way. the filler and vent hose had to be cut. they will be delivered tomorro from 4wheelparts. its cheaper to pay shipping than drive to get them with high gas prices. no local auto parts stores carry them. the small hose behind the filler is for the axle vent and not the tank like i thought.
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #532
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

got it done and no leaks! i thought i might of pinched the fuel lines but it seems to be fine. i found it better to extend the left vent hose on to the tank at the tee to make it easier to in stall. tomorro the motor mounts
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #533
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i made some new motor mounts today. i bought a stock one to get the measurments off of. i used 1-1/2 schedual 80 for the round tube and the big eye spring bushings fit perfect in them. i used 1/4" steel for the rest. just have to paint them and install. im tired of replacing the stock mounts after some hard wheeling
motor-mounts-003.jpg   motor-mounts-004.jpg  
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #534
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks real good man. Im still watching. Keep it up

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #535
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

its comming along slow. someday ill do a spring over and at least a 44 front or maybe bigger front and back. if i could only find a 1978 to 79 ford f350 for cheep.
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #536
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

squat,

I just finished your thread. Pretty slick and very unique. I like how you've gone about it and it reminds me of myself. I just wish I had more fabrication skills like yourself. Then again, I wish I had the space to work on my jeep!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #537
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like how you've gone about it and it reminds me of myself
so your cheep too! lol. i have plenty of space , but gravel sucks. i wish i had the cash to build a big shop with a lift
Unread 07-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #538
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
so your cheep too! lol. i have plenty of space , but gravel sucks. i wish i had the cash to build a big shop with a lift
Let's just say I'm very hesitant to make big purchases for my jeep. The biggest single purchase I've made was wheels and tires. Everything I got for reasonable prices and all work is done by me.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #539
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i got them installed and they went in easy. except the pssenger side bottom nut was a little blocked by the bolt that holds the motormount bracket to the block. a little wiggle and i got it
motor-mounts-005.jpg   motor-mounts-007.jpg   motor-mounts-006.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #540
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i got them installed and they went in easy. except the pssenger side bottom nut was a little blocked by the bolt that holds the motormount bracket to the block. a little wiggle and i got it
those look great man. you made it look so easy too. i was thinking of ordering some motor mounts but now im contemplating just building them

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.