92 yj build - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 07-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #361
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

not to many people stock a rear drum for an 1987 d44. i did find one . i m getting a new brake parts kit as well ,with new springs for both sides.

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #362
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

while i had the jeep up i decided to address the rear spring pack(again) the rc rear springs have 4 leafs in the pac. i run with a lot af weight so the 4" springs dont cut it. i took the short lower spring from my old pro comp spring and added it to the rc springs. it raised it up about 1 - 1/4". now i think its finally dialed in. i wont be able to test it untill i get the break parts on. i hope it wont be to stiff. when i jump on the back it seems to compress just fine. i now have a 5 pac in the back.

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 07-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #363
luv2getbig
1992 YJ Wrangler 

wow, awesome!!! One question, did you paint the entire jeep from a can? Or was the jeep already red and you just did the fender that way?
luv2getbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #364
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2getbig View Post
wow, awesome!!! One question, did you paint the entire jeep from a can? Or was the jeep already red and you just did the fender that way?
the jeep was red already and it needs redone. i was just thinking yesterday i need to do the rest of it.
Unread 07-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #365
luv2getbig
1992 YJ Wrangler 

oh ok, so it could be done, do you still have to sand it, prime it and all that before spray painting it?
luv2getbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #366
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2getbig View Post
oh ok, so it could be done, do you still have to sand it, prime it and all that before spray painting it?
i would wet sand it with 320, and then use spot body putty on th chips and scratches, and then sand the putty, then prime the bare and putty spots, then spray. then remove the runs!
Unread 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #367
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i put the new shoes, springs, wheel cylinder, and drum on today and test drove the custom leaf spring pack. the brakes are great now and the jeep rides just a little stiffer but not bad. i cant wait to load it down and see if i still have clearance between the flair and tire. one 25 cent spring retainer cost me $140.
92-jeep-rear-brakes-001.jpg   92-jeep-rear-brakes-003.jpg   92-jeep-rear-brakes-005.jpg   92-jeep-rear-brakes-006.jpg   92-jeep-rear-brakes-007.jpg  

Unread 07-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #368
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i had to work today so not much on the oba, i did run the 3/8" air line inside the frame and out to the rear bumper. ill weld in a bung tomorrow. i also wired a toggle switch to the compressor via the pressure switch. i put it on a 15 amp fuse. ill pick up a tj belt and see if it works. if not then ill have to add an idler. Tuesday is the safety sw. and check valve.
You will want to install the idler. A hard charging will cause the belt to squeal or at least mine does.If you need a new belt to find out what size you will need use a tape measure run it around all your pulleys, that will get you the length. then all you need is the 6 rib width. Then asked for a belt by size not application minus about 1/2 inch from what you measured.

Oh I'm working on a self oiler where it will recirculate the oil back into the air inlet so there is no waste.
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #369
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok thanks, ill keep an eye out or should i say ear out for it slipping. when you get the oiler worked out come back here and let me know your findings , thanks . it seems that nothin ever works right the first time. my whole jeep is kind of trail and error. Its getting there tho.
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #370
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Pismo beach was fun, i did break my track bar. i might not put it back on becuase i might not need it after adding the extra leaf spring.
pismo-7-09-009.jpg   pismo-7-09-023.jpg  
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #371
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPJeep View Post
Nice Build! That spare tire is screaming to be painted black. Good looking YJ!
i picked up a new spare for the rear! the good part is he only wanted a 6 pack for it. so i gave him 2.
tire.jpg  
Unread 08-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #372
SteveJcoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

that 6" of lift is looking a lil low
SteveJcoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #373
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

the flares hang down to give that illusion.
Unread 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #374
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice job on the over all of the jeep. I like how you used what you have to make things for it.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #375
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.