92 yj build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 92 yj build

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #16
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

thanks r1627, ill do that. by the way i want to keep the water out so im going to seal the cable entrance with silicone but the cable isnt very waterproof it self. What do i do? maybe slide some tubing over it a few feet up?

Last edited by bigsquat; 10-03-2008 at 10:23 AM..
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #17
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That looks like its going to be alot of fun, I wish I had a table of goodies like that in my garage!
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #18
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
do the booms look familiar brandon?
Yeah, and thanks
There's surface rust on them though, is that something that happened while at your place or are those fingerprints of mine that oxidized in transit?
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #19
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You need a bigger table.
1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #20
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i wish i had a bigger garage! trying to install all this stuff in the gravel on a slope wont be fun. and we are getting our first rain of the season today.
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #21
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

the rust was on them when i opened the box. u must have just ate taco's.
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #22
r1627
1989 YJ Wrangler 

On that Napa cable there isnt much you can do to weather proof it. i used a rubber cap over the fitting that i threaded into the block. I saw a better cable on mcmaster carr for 10 bucks more but i had the Napa cable already.
r1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #23
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
the rust was on them when i opened the box. u must have just ate taco's.
Nope, haven't had tacos in quite a while.
Interesting though, it looks like fingerprints from the pictures. I think I'm going to have to start oiling them as I pack them.
Thanks for inadvertantly bringing that to my attention.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
Unread 10-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #24
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

now that i have your prints i think ill enter it into the criminal justice system. i went out to start working on the 44 then the wife showed up and it seems that spiltting wood was on the new agenda! maybe the jeep will seem some personal time tonight.

Last edited by bigsquat; 10-03-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Unread 10-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
AuroraJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a link to a posi-lock write with that same cable. I am digging the build. What size tires?
Unread 10-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #26
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
now that i have your prints i think ill enter it into the criminal justice system.
too late
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Aurorajeep , ilove the posilock write up.thanks . do you get any water in through the cable sheath? you can silicone the cable entrance but the rest of the cable isn't weather proof. and my tires are going to be 33" like i have on it now but with an aggressive tread.
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well i did the honey do list and got back to the jeep. I cleaned the 44 and made a brass punch out of an old king pin that i braised the end and ground down. I installed the pinion races with the correct shims under the big race.My old pinion was a +3 and the new was a 0, so i subtracted .003 from the existing shim pack.If the old pinion was -3 and the new +2 then i would add .005, you want it to add to 0.That was the easy part, to set the pinion preload took forever!!!!!!!I measured the old preload shims and tried that. NO go ,it was to loose. THEN i pulled it apart and took off .005,now to tight! i went back and forth 6 times before i got it.I think i didn't get the races seated all the way at first.,and it threw my calcs out.you got to have everything completely clean or a spec of dirt can mess up your readings.By the way do this without the seal installed ,then when u know u got it pull of the yoke and install the seal. You should have 5 to 10 inch pounds of tork. tomorrow the carrier bearings.
92-jeep-builod-033.jpg   92-jeep-builod-034.jpg   92-jeep-builod-035.jpg  
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #29
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

here are some more pics
92-jeep-builod-036.jpg   92-jeep-builod-038.jpg   92-jeep-builod-039.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok ,i got a couple hours of sleep and going to sneek out to the garage befor the boss gets up.I noticed that the small shims that go behind the front pinion bearing got chewed up. they had the thinest shim against the shaft and its not a very big surface area there. i think that its better to put the thickest shim there to prevent it from being squeezed out. BY THE WAY IM NOT BY ANY MEANS AN EXPERT ON ANYTHING , U GUYS PLEASE CHECK OUT ALL THE ADVICE I GIVE. I HAVE ONLY INVENTED OR STOLE IDEAS FROM YOU GUYS. (NO FORMAL TRAINING)ill try to do anything, mainly because im to cheep to pay someone.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.